- For mana as an in-game resource, see Mana (game resource).
The existence and mixture of various forces and energies forms powerful vortices of mana.
- Main article: Mage
- Magi are unique in their ability to store mana for future use without alchemical aid.
- A mage can manipulate mana for defense as well as offense. The most generalized abjuration spell is the , which transmutes raw mana into a protective barrier. 
- Mages can disenchant magical items, producing a unique form of crystallized mana which can be used to imbue other items with magical abilities.
- Main article: Mana bomb
- Arcane Constructs are intelligent, but unpredictable creatures spawned of pure mana and intellect. The high elves outlawed them around 1,500 years ago, but the new era of Highborne have begun using them again.
- Mana surges
- Mana wyrms are attracted to and feed off arcane energies. They are commonly found in Quel'Thalas around Burning Crystals and were used as guardians. Blood elves have been known to drain magic from mana wyrms to sate their arcane addiction. They can also be found in Netherstorm.
- Main article: Manaforge
Kael'thas Sunstrider used a number of manaforges in Netherstorm to harvest mana from the Twisting Nether. The mana was channeled to Mechanar where it was packaged into mana cells. After Kael'thas' defeat in Tempest Keep, he used ethereals to smuggle these cells to his forces on the Isle of Quel'Danas. The Shattered Sun Offensive stole mana cells from the ethereals to power their portal to Quel'Danas.
- Main article: Moonwell
Moonwells — bound to the magic of nature and the light of Elune — were places of healing for both the land around them and those who drank of their waters. Magi and other spellcasters could even refresh their mana, a gift of the Mother Moon to Azeroth's other defenders.
- As evident by the existence of the , mana (which arcane is derived from) can be tied to (or contain) fel.
- Moam had the ability to summon burning elementals crafted of pure mana.
- Little is known about how the first Obsidian Destroyers were created, but legends speak of Vek'lor himself hammering out the first statue in a molten forge beneath the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. To Vek'lor's surprise, his inert creations were quickly imbued with limited sentience by his shadowy overseer, as well as a mysterious power - the ability to drain the magical energies of living creatures. In addition these energies could be stored and then released in a tremendous burst of incendiary mana.
A warlock draining mana: Tremendous power comes from a warlock's ability to sustain complex rituals.
A priest channeling demonic energies into a bolt of negative energy that will burn away an enemy's mana reserves.
- ^ Dave Kosak on Twitter (2014-04-27)
- ^ Clarity of Thought TCG Card
- ^ Mana Agate TCG Card
- ^ Mana Shield TCG Card
- ^ The Schools of Arcane Magic - Abjuration
- ^ The Schools of Arcane Magic - Enchantment
- ^ Tides of War pg. 414
- ^ Stormrage pg. 347-348
- ^ Monsters of Ahn'Qiraj
- ^ Monsters of Ahn'Qiraj
- ^ WoW TCG - Drain Mana