Mennu the Betrayer
|Level||64 - 72 Elite|
|Mana||6,700 - 30,000|
|Location||Slave Pens, Coilfang Reservoir|
After betraying his kind to the naga under Lady Vashj's rule, Mennu the Betrayer and many fellow Broken subordinates now guard the Slave Pens in Coilfang Reservoir. It is likely that many of the Broken found in cages throughout Coilfang Reservoir are there because of Mennu's treachery. Mennu is an example of a Broken who has found a way to turn Illidan's reign of terror to their advantage, by betraying his fellow draenei he gained favor with his naga overlords. His betrayal has tainted his shaman training, and he now wields corrupted totems, which make him a formidable opponent for any group. He is the first of the three bosses in the Slave Pens.
Mennu is one of the Broken, draenei twisted and deformed by demonic energies unleashed by the orcs. When the naga invaded Zangarmarsh, many of these tragic beings desperately attempted to escape the region. Mennu, however, chose a different path to freedom. In exchange for his own life, he betrayed his fellow Broken to the serpentine invaders and agreed to lord over his kin as a slave driver.
Spells and Abilities
- Lightning Bolt — Mennu the Betrayer blasts a player with lightning, inflicting Nature damage.
- Tainted Earthgrab Totem — Mennu the Betrayer summons an Earthgrab Totem that lasts 30 sec. and periodically immobilizes nearby players.
- Tainted Stoneskin Totem — Mennu the Betrayer summons a Stoneskin Totem that lasts 1 min and reduces his melee damage taken by 50%.
- Mennu's Healing Ward — Mennu the Betrayer summons a healing ward that lasts 30 sec. that periodically heals him.
- Corrupted Nova Totem — Mennu the Betrayer summons a Nova Totem that inflicts Fire damage to all nearby players after 18 seconds or when it is destroyed.
Fighting Mennu is an endurance test. He has 77,000 HP (185,000 HP at Heroic difficulty) and healing abilities, but doesn't put out a lot of damage. It is, however, critical that his totems be killed relatively quickly.
Mennu paths up and down a ramp which you use to get to Rokmar the Crackler. The mobs at the bottom of the ramp pull in two separate groups, though neither of them must be pulled to kill the boss. Mennu can be pulled at range as he is going up the ramp and he will not aggro the groups at the base of the ramp. After he is dead, these groups can be avoided by going around behind the ramp to the other side and up the ramp. Caution: Lower level characters may aggro these mobs after the boss is defeated when mounting the ramp.
Healers should not have any trouble healing through damage. An excellent strategy is to have the tank walk backwards in a large circle while keeping aggro on Mennu; this will ensure that he is out of range of his totems most of the time. Note that hitting his Corrupted Nova Totem will cause it to go off instantly, so avoid shooting it whenever possible. Any class can one-shot the totems, so even the healer can deal with most of them via wanding, simple melee damage or rank one / .
Heroic mode strategies
Heroic Mennu the Betrayer is fundamentally the same fight as the non-heroic. He is generally considered to be the easiest heroic boss but his totems (particularly the Corrupted Nova) can quickly ruin the fight if left alive. Use the same strategy as normal mode Mennu, having the tank walk backwards in a large circle while a party member kills all his totems but the Corrupted Nova.
- The work must continue.
- Don't make me kill you!
- You brought this on yourselves.
- Killing a player
- It had to be done.
- You should not have come.
- I... Deserve this.
- Mennu is voiced by Marc Graue.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.