Micky Neilson was previously the Lead Writer in Publishing at Blizzard Entertainment, and Story Lead for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. He has also been Senior Writer and Voice Director at Blizzard, authoring comics and short stories set in Blizzard's three main universes. His work mostly involves expanded fiction outside of the game, but he has had minor contributions to in-game content. Having worked at Blizzard since 1993, Neilson left the company on March 25, 2016. Neilson played Pandaren monk and undead rogue.
Neilson worked on a range of titles, including World of Warcraft, the Warcraft RTS games, the Diablo series, the StarCraft series, and earlier titles like The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne. In his time, Neilson worked in roles ranging from art, graphics and audio to a more recent focus on writing.
While no longer part of the company, Neilson will still be working with Blizzard on freelance projects.
Citing his desire to pursue personal projects, Neilson announced in his March 19, 2016 newsletter that his last day of work at Blizzard would be March 25, 2016. He described the parting as bittersweet, but is looking forward to doing freelance work with Blizzard Entertainment.
- War of the Shifting Sands (2005)
- Unbroken (2007)
- Ashbringer (2008)
- Curse of the Worgen (2010)
- Pearl of Pandaria (2012)
- Blood of the Highborne (2013)
- Gul'dan and the Stranger (2014)
- Goblins vs Gnomes (comics, 2014)
- ^ Micky Neilson on Twitter (2014-07-18)
- ^ Micky Neilson Twitter profile. Retrieved on 2014-07-23.
- ^ http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/chris_metzen_micky_neilson_pocket_star_books_lore_qa_video_interview/
- ^ Micky Neilson on Twitter (2014-07-22)
- ^ a b http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5550-Warcraft-Movie-Ad-Micky-Neilson-Leaving-Blizzard-Warcraft-Movie-Ad-Micky-Neilson-Leaving-Blizzard
- ^ Micky Neilson on Twitter
- ^ Micky Neilson on MobyGames. Retrieved on 2016-03-19.
- ^ Elizabeth Harper 2016-03-19. Publishing Lead Micky Neilson leaving Blizzard. Blizzard Watch. Archived from the original on 2016-03-19. Retrieved on 2016-03-19.
- ^ http://www.mickyneilson.com/about/
- ^ https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson
- ^ Blizzard on Social Media. Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2014-05-20.