|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- "Doctor Herbert Halsey once tested this spell side by side with . They both had the same effect." - Deacon Markus Hallow
Mind Soothe is a Priest spell that reduces the aggro radius of a target mob, allowing you to tactically avoid pulling certain enemies. This is very useful to skip certain pulls, or to run through certain areas without drawing enemies, and is thus comparable to a targeted version of in some situations. Beware that if the mob resists Mind Soothe you will aggro it and enter combat. Using Mind Soothe on players of the enemy faction is an aggressive action and will cause guards of neutral cities to aggro.
- This can be used to allow the priest and his allies to slip past mobs, skipping sections of dungeons or simply minimising the amount of trash mobs on the way to the boss. It can also be useful when soloing.
- The aggro radius of a mob with the same level as the player is about 20 yards; using Mind Soothe you should be able to pass within 10 yards without pulling it.
- Beware of casting it on higher level mobs, as they are more likely to resist, which will put you into combat.
- This will not reduce a mob's aggro radius below its natural minimum; even Mind Soothed grey mobs will still attack if you get sufficiently close.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now has only one rank, costs 6% of base mana and has no max target level.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): This spell will now consume .
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Pacify has been renamed Mind Soothe.