||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and should probably not be under any other categories.
- Mocking Blow
- Level 16 warrior ability
- Melee range
- 10 Rage
- 1 min cooldown
- Requires Melee Weapon
- A mocking attack that causes weapon damage, a moderate amount of threat and forces the target to focus attacks on you for 6 sec.
- Pride, more than flesh, is easily stung.
Mocking blow is a Warrior ability that deals weapon damage and forces a target to attack you for a brief period of time. If you have problems Taunting an enemy off a party member, or don't have time to switch to defensive stance, this may be something useful.
Mocking Blow is a 10 Rage ability that deals some damage and forces a target to attack you for six seconds. Unfortunately, it seems that after the six seconds, the mob resumes attacking whatever it was attacking previously. This is pretty much just an emergency ability to pull someone off a party member before switching to defensive stance and Taunting it. Unlike Taunt and [Challenging Shout] this ability can be used while silenced.
Tips and Tactics
- This is basically a powerful emergency taunt. This can be a very effective tactic if your taunt is resisted.
- In PvP it's not very useful, as there are typically more damaging attacks, and hostile players won't be forced to attack you.
- Against Hunters, Mocking Blow can be extremely useful to keep their pet attacking you during a freeze trap, breaking it, thus negating most hunters' main kiting technique. However [Challenging Shout] is perhaps a better option as it is can be used from any stance and is an AoE ability (which means you do not have to change your target) and costs half as much rage as Mocking Blow.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now only has one rank and causes weapon damage, cooldown reduced to 1 min and can now be used in Defensive Stance.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Tooltip updated to indicate the additional threat caused by this ability. There have been no changes to the amount of threat caused.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Moved to level 16, damage increased, replaced more frequently.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Punishing Blow renamed to Mocking Blow.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Rage cost and damage increased. Changed to an instant ability.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): No longer requires the Warrior to be behind the target.