- This article is about the Heroes of the Storm and Legion character. For the companion pet of the same name, see . For the Traveler character, see Murky (Traveler).
|Title||<Leader of the Murkloc>|
|Location||Shipwreck Cove and Murkloc Cave, Highmountain|
- "Mrgglglbrlg rmrmgllg mrggggm. Mrrglglgy, mgllglgl mgggrrmgl? MRGGGLGLLM! Mrrggllgggllggll mrrglrlg mrrg mrrg mrrrg."
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
King Mrgl-Mrgl, a member of the Druids for the Ethical and Humane Treatment of Animals, has recently arrived at the Shipwreck Cove in northern Highmountain to observe the activities of the Swamprock tribe of murlocs. To his distress, however, the Swamprock are ruthless and cruel, their favorite pastime being to cause shipwrecks with their makeshift lighthouse. Thus, Mrgl-Mrgl has begun raising the young Murky, in the hopes that he can teach the Swamprock tadpoles to be better than their elders. Through a series of quests, Mrgl-Mrgl sends Murky to accompany the adventurer to grow stronger, learn new abilities and recruit the Swamprock tadpoles to his cause.
Once Murky has grown strong enough and recruited enough tadpoles, Mrgl-Mrgl informs the adventurer that Murky and his followers need a place to hide out and train away from the adult Swamprock, and that a nearby cave inhabited by the Cavemoss makrura would be the ideal location. As Murky is still young and inexperienced, Mrgl-Mrgl has the adventurer "mindmeld" with Murky's egg to kill the makrura and their leader, Clawdayshus. Once Clawdayshus has been vanquished, Mrgl-Mrgl and the Swamprock tadpoles charge into the cave, proclaiming it to belong to the newly-formed "Murkloc tribe". With the adventurer's role finished, Mrgl-Mrgl decides to stay behind with Murky and the Murkloc to observe their development.
Template:Hots-section Like the enigmatic origins of the murloc race, Murky's past is also veiled in a variety unanswered questions. Who is he? Where does he come from? He dies again and again, and yet each time, returns to life from his egg. Stranger yet, when he emerges, he looks and sounds precisely the same. Does he possess unspeakable powers? Could he be immortal?
The world may never know.
Murky is involved in the following quests:
- Quest:Nature vs. Nurture
- Quest:I'll Huff, I'll Puff...
- Quest:Slime Time
- King Mrgl-Mrgl says: Murky, we need you to get stronger! The fate of this coast depends on it!
- Murky says: Mrrglrrgl!
- Mrrgl. Mrrglrgrgrgl. Rrglrgl, mrglrgl. RRGL!! Mrglrgl. Mrr, mrgl. Rglrglmrr, glrmrlr. Mrglrrr. Gllrmrl. Mrr? Grmlrml!
- Mrgl. Mrrky. Mrg.
Heroes of the Storm trailer
- Note: In the trailer, Murky, like most other murlocs, speaks only in unintelligible gurgling, and instead subtitles are provided.
- "They destroyed our village. Ripped the scales from our backs. Tore eyes from our sockets. They were monsters! Now I will dispense justice! I will have my vengeance! I... Am... MURKY!"
- While the name "Murky" was first used with the , a reward for BlizzCon 2005 attendees, Murky as distinct character first appeared in Heroes of the Storm. Murky's in-game abilities are the same as those he possesses in Heroes.
- can be fished up from the fountain in the version of Dalaran.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.