<The Lord of the Infinite>
Infinite wyrm (Dragonkin)
Lord of the Infinite dragonflight
Nozdormu (past self)
Murozond is a future counterpart of Aspect of Time, Nozdormu, leader of the Infinite dragonflight. Using the Hourglass of Time, he managed to interfere with his past counterpart's efforts to send heroes to the past, which would result in a change of the bleak future, in which the maddened wyrm made his lair.
Now living outside of time, Murozond was once the great Dragon Aspect Nozdormu the Timeless One. After the titans showed him his own death, the tormented Nozdormu was tricked by the Old Gods into trying to subvert his mortality. As a result, Nozdormu shattered the timeways and created the infinite dragonflight... jeopardizing the very future of Azeroth.
- Temporal Blast — Murozond deals 25000 Shadow damage to all nearby enemies and increases their Arcane damage taken by 10% for 20 sec..
- Distortion Bomb — Murozond launches an orb of temporal energy at the location of a random player. When the orb reaches this location, it explodes and leaves an 8 yard radius area of temportal distortion. The distortion area inflicts 25000 Arcane damage every second to all enemies standing within the area.
- Tail Sweep — Knocks enemies in a cone behind the caster and Inflicts 15000 damage on them every 3 seconds over 15 seconds.
- Infinite Breath — Inflicts 75000 Fire damage to all enemies in front of the caster.
- Nozdormu — Nozdormu is unable to assist the players directly, but grants them the Blessing of the Bronze Dragonflight.
Murozond stole the Hourglass of Time and trapped it here within the End Time of Azeroth. The Hourglass casts Rewind Time when a player interacts with it, but the Hourglass can only be used up to five times during the encounter.
- Rewind Time — The Reverse Time effect rewinds everything back to the beginning of the encounter. The reversal restores each players' health and mana, then resets all of their ability cooldowns. The reversal also removes all Distortion Bombs. All players are teleported to the positions where they were when the fight started. Murozond himself is not affected by the Hourglass, so the damage previously dealt to him will not be undone.
Murozond is a DPS race with a unique hourglass mechanic. The overall strategy is to kill the boss before the hourglass runs out of charges and damage becomes unhealable. Timely use of the hourglass can trivialize this boss greatly.
One key detail for all players to remember is that ability cooldowns are reset each time the hourglass is used and it is highly recommended players use all their cooldowns every time they are up. Abilities like , and are all good examples, but also major defensive cooldowns like , , and are reset with each use of the hour glass as well. All debuffs are also wiped from players allowing reuse of / / as well (Note, it does not reset a Core Hound's ), it is recommended to wait for the Blessing of the Bronze Dragonflight to fade before use to maximize the longevity of the haste. A final benefit of the hourglass is all dead players are brought back to life with each use.
Murozond needs to be faced away from the group, but positioning can quickly become compromised from Distortion Bombs. Healers need to ensure they can stay in range of tanks as best as possible while keeping DPS alive. Hourglass use should be assigned to the ranged DPS, Mages and Warlocks are a great choice for this because of and Demonic Circle. Players should stay away from the hourglass until they are about to use it to avoid getting Distortion Bombs placed near it. If done well, Murozond will die on the fourth or final use of the hourglass, depending on your group's overall DPS.
The player assigned to activate the hourglass should wait until one of the following conditions occurs:
- The tank or healer dies
- The number of Distortion areas makes it hard for DPS to stay in range of Murozond.
- The hourglass activator is at imminent risk of death, with no player available as backup to activate the hourglass
Fallen players should not release when dying before all hourglasses are consumed, since the hourglass will return the player to their living state. Battle resurrections reset their cooldowns as well, but rarely have much utility in this fight.
- The "End Time," I once called this place. I had not seen, by then; I did not know. You hope to... what? Stop me, here? Change the fate I worked so tirelessly to weave?
- All trash cleared
- You crawl unwitting, like a blind, writhing worm, towards endless madness and despair. I have witnessed the true End Time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend.
- Murozond yells: So be it.
- Nozdormu yells: Mortals! I cannot follow you any further - accept my blessing and use the Hourglass of Time to defeat Murozond!
- Using Hourglass of Time
1. The powers of the Hourglass do nothing to me!
2. To repeat the same action and expect different results is madness.
3. Another chance will make no difference. You will fail.
4. Again...? Is this your plot, your scheme?
- Hourglass depleted
- The Hourglass' power is exhausted. No more games, mortals. Relent, or perish.
- Killing a player
- The sand has run out.
- Time ends.
- Your time has come.
- Murozond yells: You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...
- Nozdormu says: At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
- Nozdormu says: Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
- Nozdormu says: What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day.
- Nozdormu turns away from where Murozond died and looks up at the Hourglass of Time.
- Nozdormu says: All that matters... is this moment.
- Murozond's name is an anagram of Nozdormu.
- One of Murozond's quotes (To repeat the same action and expect different results is madness.) is derived from a quote often attributed to Albert Einstein.
- Unlike other infinite dragons Murozond's emotes do not have an echoing quality to them.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.