Mushans are reptilian beast creatures found on Pandaria. They are very similar to the kodo and are used as beasts of burden by many of the races on the land, including the pandaren and yaungol, as well as some saurok.
Mushan are distant relatives to the kodo, taking on their own evolutionary line after Pandaria split from the rest of Azeroth.
For years pandaren believed these creatures to be untameable. Just ask the first pandaren to do so, Henshi "Limp Along" Homebrew. Some people say that riding an ashhide mushan will result in favorable health and increased prosperity. These people are called "mount vendors."
As a mount
- Main article: Mushan mounts
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Scalehide
Mushan are tamable by hunters as part of the Scalehide family, along with kodos, stegodons and thunder lizards.
- Mushan (牡山, mǔshān) is Chinese for "male mountain animal."
- Mushan urine is a great, natural antiseptic.
- Mushan tongue is rich in the nutrients that promote brain growth in kunchong, but they normally eat the beasts whole and fill up quickly.
- The Son of Galleon mount journal, mentions Galleon being a "massive kushan", which might either imply Galleon coming from a separate, and much larger species of mushan, aka, the kushan. Or, it might just be a simple spelling mistake.
Galleon, an enormous mushan with cannons mounted.