|Level: 64 - 70
Battle Pet Level: 18 - 19
In the center of the zone is the neutral town of Halaa, which can be captured by either faction. Whoever holds it will have access to a mass of amenities including active quest givers, NPCs who accept turn-ins acquired from the zone's monsters, vendors, trainers and the like. The opposing faction, naturally, is locked out of all this, which is precisely why they will be laying siege to it around the clock. See the World PvP section below for more information.
Worldofwarcraft.com says the following about Nagrand:
- Nagrand is the last unscarred region in Outland. It is the ancestral home of the orcs and the heart of early orcish shamanism. Today it is a fertile retreat where elementals commune with mortals on a regular basis. Marauding ogres from the Blade's Edge Mountains, meaning to claim the territory as their own, currently pose the greatest threat to this unspoiled reserve.
Nagrand — orcish for "Land of Winds" — was a land the Frostwolf clan frequented through seasonal migration, and the meeting grounds of the orcish people, where the Kosh'harg celebrations were held twice every year. The clans would assemble at the base of their sacred mountain, Oshu'gun, and give thanks to the spirits.
During the war against the draenei, Prophet and a retinue of priests made their way to Oshu'gun — the vessel that brought them to Draenor — where they were taken prisoner by and the Frostwolf clan, and eventually released (Durotan's reasoning being that the draenei allowed themselves to be taken prisoner, therefore there was no honor in holding them). When the elements abandoned the orcish people, it was here — again, in the shadow of Oshu'gun — that introduced the orcish people to warlock magics. Today the Mag'har, the orcs who did not partake of the blood of Mannoroth and cut themselves off from the other corrupted clans, make their home here, as do the Kurenai, Broken draenei seeking to find their destiny.
Nagrand was one of the first locations to show the signs of corruption from released fel magics including desiccation by long droughts, fertile soil turned to dust and sand that would not hold grasses or crops, and the acrid odor similar to something burning. However, having largely escaped the severity of corruption seen elsewhere in the world, it became known as mag'har, "uncorrupted". It remained one of the few places in the world (along with Farahlon and portions of Terokkar Forest) that looked largely as they did before the corruption of the world.
In Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, , and managed to seize the Black Temple from by shutting down several dimensional gateways used by Magtheridon to bring demons from the Twisting Nether. In World of Warcraft, it is revealed that one of these gateways was actually located in Nagrand.
Green and yellow grassy plains, reminding one a bit of Mulgore and/or the Barrens. Pink-channeled sky. Although the terrain of the Barrens is similar, Nagrand is greener and has a minor amount of wetland in places, as well as an overall higher presence of water. The zone's background music implies a mood of reverence, solemnity, and a certain amount of sorrow at it is now somewhat broken nature. The music contains a direct quote from the recitative part of the aria "O Zittre Nicht" from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's opera, The Magic Flute.
Nagrand was covered by snow during Draenor's winters (although it is unclear if Outland still has regular seasons).
There are no dungeons or battlegrounds in Nagrand. However, there is plenty of opportunities for combat: the city of Halaa is constantly under siege from one faction or the other, and the Ring of Trials arena frequently sees heated gladiatorial battles.
Maps and subregions
- The Ring of Trials
- Halaa: At the center of Nagrand, the Alliance and Horde struggle to control the city plateau of Halaa and its resources. Antagonists may use wyvern roosts near Halaa's four rope bridges to bomb guards, vendors, and PvP opponents if they fall within range of their fixed flight paths around the area. When the city's 15 NPC guards have been killed, the invading faction may claim Halaa as their own if they can protect the flag at the center of town. The faction that controls Halaa will get the Strength of the Halaani (increases all damage done by 5%) region-wide buff for all those of their faction.
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Zangarmarsh||60-64||North||By foot through a pass to the north|
|Terokkar Forest||62-65||Southeast||By foot through a pass to the south-east|
|Shattrath City||60-70||East||By foot through an Aldor-held pass to the east|
- Main article: Nagrand (Outland) NPCs
- in northeastern Nagrand, at the Nesingwary Safari.
- , Thrall's grandmother, is in the horde town of Garadar.
- the Naaru, is regaining his power within the Oshu'gun.
- in west central Nagrand, deals out uncut gems via every month.
- Nagrand's monsters have a great drop ratio. In less than 1 hour, you can find 4 greens and 1 rare BoE.
- Nagrand is the only area in Outland (In fact, the only area added in The Burning Crusade) without a dungeon.