High Warlord Naj'entus
|Race||Naga lord (Humanoid)|
|Wealth||236 82 6|
|Affiliation(s)||Illidan's Naga, Illidari|
|Location||Karabor Sewers, Black Temple|
|Status||Deceased (lore), killable (WoW)|
Few naga matched the strength of Naj'entus. He was a champion of  and servant , and was entrusted the protection of the Black Temple by the Lady. His superior abilities allowed him to surround himself with deadly cold, and his spines and needles could inflict horrific wounds. He was killed during the assault on the Temple by , and a group of adventurers.
- Melee: ~4,500 on plate
- Needle Spine — Does 2,890 to 3,910 physical damage to three random targets in a cone shape and an additional 2,280 to 2,520 frost damage to anyone within six yards of the targets.
- Impaling Spine — Hits a random single target for 4,513 to 4,987 physical damage. The target is stunned and has a 30 second DoT which does 2,750 damage every 3 seconds. Players must loot the spine from the impaled target to remove the debuff. Ability has a 20 second cooldown.
- Tidal Shield — Naj'entus becomes immune to all damage and regenerates health. Shield must be broken by a player throwing at Naj'entus. When the shield breaks, the entire raid takes 8,500 frost damage. Ability has a 60 second cooldown.
- Enrage — 8 minute enrage timer.
There is a pair of Aqueous Lords before this boss. They pull together (but separately from the boss) and are not part of the encounter.
- One main tank
- 7-9 healers
- Usual mix of DPS (ranged preferred)
All raid members take 8,500 frost damage every 60 seconds, making 8,501 HP buffed the absolute minimum requirement, but in practice 10,000 HP buffed are needed, to give the healers a little slack.
Classes that are likely candidates for combat rezzes (all Shamans and all healers) should have at least 8500 HP unbuffed. Frost resistance gear andare not a reliable means to increase survivability. Everybody should have health potions and healthstones, and don't hesitate to use them.
After a standard pull, the melee group sets up close to the boss, and all ranged classes distribute over a large area, with each raid member 6 yards apart from everyone else to avoid the frost AoE from Needle Spine. The melee group should split in 2-3 subgroups to minimize AoE damage.
Rogues need to keep a full stack of up on the boss to reduce its self-healing effect while the Tidal Shield is up. Other reduced healing abilities also work, but do not last that long after last application and often wear off a few seconds after the Tidal Shield is up.
Every 20 seconds, Naj'entus shoots a large coral cone at a random raid member. The spine paralyzes and damages its target until it is removed by another player by looting the target. This needs to be done very quickly. It is possible to carry up to five spines in the inventory.
Looted spines disappear when releasing (after a death) or when the encounter is reset.
Every 60 seconds (the first time 60 seconds after the pull), Naj'entus casts a Tidal Shield (instead of throwing an impaling spine). He stops throwing needle spines for 10 seconds after casting the shield, but continues to melee. The shield can be broken by throwing an impaling spine looted earlier at it.
Spines have a maximum range of 25 yards.
Since the shield deals 8500 frost damage to the entire raid, everybody must be at top health before the spine is thrown. Most Boss Mod type UI enhancements have an indicator window showing people with less than 8500 health when the shield is up.
Dealing with the Impaling Spines and the Tidal Shield requires good synchronisation. It's a common practise to have one player announce the Impaling Spine targets, and to call for the throwing of a spine when the whole raid is healed. It's a good idea to have one of the raid healers do the calling for the spine throw (because he can call for the spine when the last heal is nearly finished).
In some situations it may be necessary to sacrifice a few raid members because Naj'entus heals himself, so waiting a long time for the raid to heal up is not a good option.
This is a quick method to throw a spine from the inventory:
/use Naj'entus spine
It's also a good idea to announce the facts of being hit by and having looted a spine:
/say <name> got spined!
/say <name> looted a spine!
- You will die in the name of Lady Vashj!
- Stick around...
- I'll deal with you later.
- Be'lanen dalorai!
- Blood will flow!
- My patience has run out! Die, die!
- Bal, lamer zhita!
- Killing a player
- Your success was short lived!
- Time for you... to go!
- Lord Illidan will... crush you!
- You hear a loud rumble of metal grinding on stone...
- He is voiced by Michael McConnohie.
- He has a very bizarre appearance, and is assumed to be a naga anomaly because of that. He may also be a "naga lord" but there is minimal evidence either way.
- He was very likely a member of the Coilfang tribe.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.
- Paladin PoV Kill Movie by Chival (EU-Nethersturm)
- For more Killmovies of this encounter, see the Bosskill Movies page.
- Boss Slayers, this boss and more kills at Boss Slayers
- Cookie Vs High Warlord Naj'entus at GuildVideo.com