|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to conform to copyright laws and fair use.|
- Harpies employ nature-based magic to destroy the environments in which they settle, killing every creature they encounter and despoiling the land to build nests noted for their noxious odor.
- Druids are the most known practitioners of nature magic, with night elves being one of the major races of druids on Azeroth that protects the nature. Druidism derives from nature, enabling them to channel natural energies and transform into animals. They maintain deep connection to nature through the Emerald Dream, a primordial realm that encompasses all aspects of nature. They use solar magic and lunar magic.
In the RPG
The nature branch of divine magic is almost entirely the province of one race. Night elves follow no faith but that of , while honoring the other Ancients. Although all night elves pay tribute to Elune, those who truly hear her soft song choose the healer class and follow the path of either the druid or the priest. Most of the inhabitants of northern Kalimdor — namely the night elves, but also the furbolgs and the satyrs — worship or revere the Ancients. The night elves worship Azeroth's only deity, the eternal moon goddess Elune. They revere most of the other Ancients, especially , the only Ancient to spend considerable time on the Physical Plane. They also honor the moon goddess’s companions, including , and . The furbolgs venerate the bear twins, Ursoc and Ursol; and the evil satyrs revere Lord Xavius. The Ancients rarely interfere with life on Azeroth, but these races hold fast in their fervent beliefs that the Ancients exist and are watching events unfold. Adherents from these races do not receive their power directly from the Ancients they worship; their faith allows them to tap into an inner spark, focus divine energy and cast spells.
An arcane version of nature magic was studied by certain wizards who were trained outside cities. Used for ripening, culling, harvesting. One can take a seed and pull the youth from it until its a flower.
Although nature spells are not a specifically defined category, a spell or effect falls into this subgroup if it clearly improves, enhances or summons creatures or objects that exist in natural, aboveground terrain.
In lore nature is often split into the elemental domains of earth, fire, water, and air. Though versions of these domains are also shared by the arcane casters as well.
The orcs, trolls, tauren and the Draenei follow the elements, in the separate school of magic known as shamanism The general difference is that divine casters access nature by natural means and peaceful worship of elemental spirits or Ancients, where as practitioners of the arcane tend to unnaturally bend the elemental-based magic to their will.
In World of Warcraft
Nature is also a school of magic in World of Warcraft. For further information, see School.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 208
- ^ Jeremy Feasel on Twitter
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 21
- ^ Don Adams on Twitter
- ^ Arthaus. World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 250. ISBN 9781588467812.
- ^ Arthaus. World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 24. ISBN 9781588467812.
- ^ Arthaus. World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 252. ISBN 9781588467812.