During the second war, lived and might have ruled the village of Northeron. During a Dragonmaw clan attack on top of red dragons, his village was raided and destroyed. Carrick watched from a hill afar but was not able to reach them in time. His daughter was one of casualties.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
In the Cataclysm brought about by , Northeron's famed icy cliffs rapidly melted, and most of the independent dwarves who lived there were killed in the subsequent buildup of Twilight's Hammer forces and the emergence of . Some of the wreckage is still visible along the northern coast. The region formerly known as Northeron is now considered the northernmost part of the Twilight Highlands. However, the nearby spiritual center of Kirthaven remains intact.
It is not clear what the original extent of Northeron was. Blizzard stated that its remains are in the northernmost part of the Highlands, indicating that the unnamed ruins were Northeron once (or at least, a town within Northeron). It is also stated that and the Twilight's Hammer forces served to put an end to this location and its many inhabitants.
It is not clear if Kirthaven was part of Northeron.
- ^ a b Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Air Units, Gryphon Rider
- ^ The Fall of Auchindoun (WC2 Human)
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Buildings, Elven Lumber Mill
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Mage Spells
- ^ Day of the Dragon, pg. 123
- ^ The Jade Hunters
- ^ Ask CDev Round II
- ^ Assault on Blackrock Spire (WC2 Human)#Mission briefing