|Affiliation(s)||Pantheon, Valarjar, Ulduar|
|Occupation||Keeper, Prime Designate of Azeroth|
|Relative(s)||(brother), , (sons), (adopted daughter)|
- "Remember: Life is nothing without Valor."
Odyn is one of the titan Keepers and is located in the Broken Isles. He rules the Halls of Valor, and was cursed by to be trapped there along with his valarjar army. Despite this curse, however, Odyn could leave the halls in the form of a vrykul named for long periods of time, or under his true form in short bursts. He is referred to as storm god.
Odyn is one of the titan-forged who were empowered by the Pantheon and thus became Keeper. He led the titan-forged armies against the forces of the Old Gods. He was imbued with the powers of . Together with , he battled and defeated Ragnaros the Firelord and devised the final plan to bring down . For his leadership, determination and courage, he was granted the title of Prime Designate, leader of the titan-forged on Azeroth, and was tasked with watching Yogg-Saron's prison and maintaining the Forge of Wills. Odyn gifted with the Gjallarhorn, and if it is sounded, the Keepers are oathbound to answer its call, as it signals that the end times are upon Azeroth.
When the other Keepers decided to ask the Pantheon to empower the Dragon Aspects for their heroism against , Odyn was vehemently against it, stating that only titan-forged could be trusted to defend Azeroth. The Aspects were empowered despite his objections, and so Odyn took a section of Ulduar and raised it into the sky, creating the Halls of Valor. He told the vrykul that those who died a worthy death in battle would have their spirits brought to the Halls and given new immortal bodies infused with the power of the storm to fight as his Valarjar, which Odyn thought would be better defenders than the dragons. In order to retrieve the spirits of the deceased, Odyn would need vrykul to volunteer to become Val'kyr and take those spirits from the Shadowlands. The vrykul objected, and Odyn's adopted daughter, the titan-forged , tried to talk him out of it. Instead, Odyn transformed Helya into the first Val'kyr and ordered her to do the job for him.
Helya nursed resentment against Odyn for thousands of years, until the day , a Keeper who was being manipulated by , convinced her to turn against him. Helya used the same magic that had been used to lock the Elemental Plane to seal Odyn and his Valarjar army inside the Halls of Valor, and then decided to take vrykul souls in her new realm Helheim. Helya would be replaced by as the leader of the val'kyr, and Loken would go on to steal Odyn's title of Prime Designate.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Odyn, still trapped within the Halls of Valor, has one of his val'kyr rescue a warrior champion from the brink of death. This hero is not trapped in the Halls of Valor like Odyn and his Valarjar, and so Odyn names them the leader of the Valarjar in the battle against the Burning Legion. Odyn also tests class leaders several times. The first time in disguise as in Stormheim to test their valor, might and will in order to judge if they are worthy of crossing the Gates of Valor, then in a duel in the Halls of Valor to judge if they are worthy of wielding the .
After it is discovered that Helya has learned to turn Odyn's Stormforged Valarjar into Kvaldir, Odyn decides that he has had enough of her games. After one final test in the Halls of Valor, he sends the class leaders into Helheim to put an end to her for good. After Helya's defeat Odyn is freed from his entrapment within the Halls and expresses a desire to return to Ulduar to meet with his fellow Keepers.
Odyn invites Huntmaster of the Unseen Path to attend the Night of the Wilds, an event where the spirits of beasts of legend rise in the Fields of the Eternal Hunt. He also tests the Battlelord of his Valarjar as part of an annual trial to determine the strongest warrior in the land.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Stormheim||101 - 110||19,654,733|
- "Cleverness is useless without strength of arms!"
- "What victories do you bring me?"
- "Have you brought valor to these halls?"
- "Tell me of your battles."
- "My Valarjar."
- "You'll think it less funny plummeted back to Azeroth..."
- "Want to try that from the bottom of my boot?"
- "Bring us tales of victory."
- "May your battles be glorious."
- "Go on my champion."
- "Remember: Life is nothing without Valor."
- Odyn's molten beard is in reality a scar he earned during the battle against Ragnaros, the Firelord.
- Odyn sacrificed his eye to a spectral being from the Shadowlands in order to gain the ability to peer into said realm of the dead.
- In the Seat of Ascension, Odyn is flanked by four vrykul kings; , , , and . These are the four kings that called on in Utgarde Pinnacle.
- Odyn is a reference to Odin, the chief deity of Norse mythology.
- While disguised as , Odyn is accompanied by two ravens named Huginn and Muninn. In Norse myth, these ravens belonged to Odin and flew across the world, known as Midgard, to bring him information.
- Only one of Odyn's eyes glow, a reference to how Odin gouged out one of his own eyes in payment to drink from Mímir's wisdom-granting well, Mímisbrunnr.
- In the Legion alpha, he possessed a dragon named , a reference to Odin's eight-legged horse Sleipnir.
- Odyn is voiced by Tony Amendola.
- Despite his original distrust for the dragonflights, Odyn's Valarjar use the storm dragons of Stormheim as mounts.
- Odyn may or may not be justified in his mistrust of mortals, beings of flesh and dragons, as they are the ones that brought the Legion to Azeroth and that sundered the continent. The Aspects he was so vehemently against the creation of also ended up being some of the greatest foes Azeroth ever faced: Neltharion became Deathwing and shattered the world, Nozdormu will become Murozond and will seek to destroy the very timeline, Malygos tried to redirect all ley lines to the Nexus and aimed at getting rid of all users of magic on the planet, and Ysera was corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare. It is ironic that 3 out of 5 of the Aspects would end up corrupted by the Old Gods when they were specifically created to defend the planet against them.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.