|Location||Isle of Giants|
Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.
As the war against Lei Shen's island citadel began, Alliance and Horde scouts made an effort to intercept missives between the major Zandalari camps. One such exchange seemed to revolve around an unfamiliar Zandalari word, always surrounded by terms of conquest and power: Oondasta. Somewhere in Pandaria, the Zandalari Beast Ward raises their mighty beasts as engines of war, and is putting the finishing touches on this Loa-infused monstrosity. The exact location, however, remains unknown...
- Crush — Oondasta crushes his current target, inflicting 462,500 to 537,500 Physical damage and reducing armor by 25% for 1 min. This effect stacks.
- Alpha Male — Oondasta seeks only the most hearty challengers, making him immune to taunts, but also increasing tank-specced players' threat against him by 100%
- Frill Blast — Oondasta's armor is more than just for decoration, and can charge up this powerful blast that inflicts 800,000 Fire damage to all players in a 60-yard hemisphere in front of Oondasta.
- Growing Fury — Oondasta's rage grows as the fight progresses, increasing all damage by 10%. This effect stacks.
- Piercing Roar — Oondasta unleashes a piercing roar, inflicting 200,000 Physical damage to all players and interrupting spell-casting, preventing spells of that school from being cast for 10 sec.
- Spiritfire Beam — Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 200,000 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally. Up to 99 players can be affected.
To start out, all members of the raid must be behind Oondasta or the 180-degree Frill Blast will one-shot all but tanks using a defensive cooldown. Oondasta has a huge hitbox, so no players should be stacked up on top of one another, or the Spitfire Beam will chain and do a decent chunk of damage to a large part of the raid. The stacking Crush means tanks will have to swap, but as Oondasta is immune to taunts via Alpha Male, tanks will have to swap the old-fashioned way, or the stacking Crush will kill them before the Frill Blast does.
All spell-casters must pay attention to the Piercing Roar cast and not let it lock a school for 10 seconds, which is particularly annoying for healers. As the fight drags out, Oondasta will gain a stacking damage buff in the form of Growing Fury, which affects all of its abilities. After about 15 stacks, even Piercing Roar will start to one-shot members of the raid.
As of Patch 5.3, the graveyard has been moved up to Oondasta's area, thus the previous strategies of either dragging Oondasta down to the beach or resorting to a 90-second graveyard zerg are no longer necessary. Players choosing to release and run back to their corpse (now a 20-second run) will still have to contend with the resurrection timer, however.
Players involved in a successful Oondasta kill will have a chance of looting one of the following items, and can use a for an additional chance. Should players not win loot, they will receive a instead. Players can only receive loot or use a bonus roll for Oondasta once a week.
- Dohaman the Beast Lord yells: How dare you interrupt our preparations! The Zandalari will not be stopped! Not this time!
- Dohaman the Beast Lord yells: Destroy them! I command you! No, stop, STOP!
- Oondasta eats Dohaman.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): "All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot."
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21):
- now has a chance to contain a , and a number of Dinosaur Bones.
- Spitfire Beam no longer increases in damage with each jump, deals a flat 200,000 damage (up from 150,000 damage), and jumps to 99 targets (up from 20 targets).
- Undocumented changes: Path added from beach
- Undocumented changes: Path added from beach
- Hotfix (2013-04-22): "Players coalesced from a different realm are now eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll after defeating Oondasta or Nalak."
- Hotfix (2012-03-22): "Oondasta's maximum health has been reduced by 50%."
- Hotfix (2013-03-21): "Oondastas for everyone! Oondasta now respawns much more frequently."
- Hotfix (2013-03-14): "Oondasta should no longer drop Terrorful Weave for Discipline and Holy Priests, and Girdle of Dimorphodontics should no longer drop for Mages and Warlocks."
- Hotfix (2013-03-11): "
- Players visiting a different realm are no longer eligible to receive loot from Oondasta or Nalak, The Storm Lord. A forum thread discussing the reasoning for this change have been created.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Oondasta to not award loot to some players."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.
- ^ Rygarius 2013-03-21. Oondasta loot more than once a week?. Archived from the original on 2013-03-21.