Peak of Serenity
North-Central Kun-Lai Summit
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria|
The Peak of Serenity is a hidden monastery and sanctuary located high in the north-central reaches of Pandaria's Kun-Lai Summit. It serves primarily as a training ground and place of refuge for monks, and is easily accessible to them through . In this way, it serves a very similar function for monks as Moonglade does for druids and Acherus: The Ebon Hold does for death knights.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
In World of Warcraft
While anyone is welcome to visit the monastery, it is only accessible through flying, or by a long and winding journey by ground mount. Portals to Stormwind and Orgrimmar can be found within the main hall atop the Peak to facilitate outbound traffic.
The Peak itself features several areas, including a large training ground, a hot spring, a small pavilion with several vendors and profession trainers, and shrines to each of the four August Celestials. Each shrine hosts a group of monks studying the discipline or style of its respective Celestial, three of which (, , and ) are the inspirations of a playable monk specialization (Brewmaster, Windwalker, and Mistweaver, respectively). Students of the focus on academic learning over martial prowess, and as such can be found poring over ancient scrolls and texts rather than sparring.
Notably, there are vendors at the Peak of Serenity that will allow monks to purchase class-specific consumables, armor and weapons, many of which have unique and distinct models. Monks may purchase tiger and serpent brews from , class quest reward belts from , class quest reward staves (as well as ) from , and fist weapons from . All of these armor and weapon models are transmogrifiable.
- <Monk Trainer - Master Ox>
- <Monk Trainer - Master Tiger>
- <Monk Trainer - Master Serpent>
- <Monk Trainer - Master Crane>
Vendors and profession trainers
- <First Aid Trainer>
- <Mining Trainer>
- <Staff Vendor>
- <Fist Weapon Vendor>
- The Peak of Serenity initially featured in a scenario, but was cut from the game's beta phase.
- Many of the masters at the Peak of Serenity appear to be named for famous eastern martial artists and filmmakers, including John Woo, Chow Yun-fat, Michelle Yeoh, and Feng Zhe.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Portals to Orgrimmar and Stormwind City added.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.