Pillars of Creation
The Pillars of Creation are relics that were created by the Pantheon and gifted to the Keepers so they could shape the world when it was young. During the War of the Ancients, the Burning Legion attempted to open a secondary portal besides the one at the Well of Eternity in Suramar in the Temple of Elune in order to attack the night elves on two fronts. The Highborne of Suramar used the Pillars of Creation to close the portal and put several seals on the Temple.
They were named after the members of the Pantheon, except for the Tears of , and could be found all across the Broken Isles. The Armies of Legionfall plan to use them to close the portal inside the Tomb of Sargeras.
In the meantime, the Pillars are stored in the Portrait Room of Dalaran. Each of the five Pillars of Creation must be used in a particular place within the Tomb of Sargeras to halt the Legion's invasion and save Azeroth.
|Pillar||Zone||Former location||New location|
|Stormheim||In the possession of in the Halls of Valor||Placed atop the Cathedral of Eternal Night|
|Azsuna||Destroyed by , fragments remained within Nar'thalas Academy||Repaired, now stored in Dalaran|
|Eye of Aman'thul||Suramar||Remained in Suramar City at the Font of Night, Nighthold||Placed at the base of the Felstorm|
|Highmountain||Guarded by the united tribes of Highmountain in Thunder Totem||Stored in Dalaran|
|Tears of Elune||Val'sharah||Kept in the Temple of Elune||Stored in Dalaran|
- During Legion's reveal at Gamescom, 2015, it was stated that the Pillars of Creation were used twelve-thousand years ago by the Highborne to seal a wound in the earth, who then built the Temple of Elune over it. This has not been mentioned anywhere since then and was seemingly replaced by the War of the Ancients story first featured in Chronicle which was brought up again in The Tomb of Sargeras.
- It is unknown how the ended up in Neltharion's possession. The Highborne of Suramar used it along with the other Pillars to seal the Legion's portal in the Temple of Elune during the War of the Ancients. Then, it was stolen from Neltharion's Vault by after the final battle of the War of the Ancients, who used it to banish the Aspect, now Deathwing, to Deepholm. This means that Neltharion retrieved the Hammer right after the Highborne used it and stored it within his vault, before Huln stole it from him.
- It is also unknown how the night elves of Suramar lost the Aegis of Aggramar after the Tomb was sealed. It seems to have been in Keeper 's possession for quite some time.
- The Tears of Elune were able to unlock 's core, , while it was stated by that only a descendant of Xe'ra such as could do so. Moreover, the Pillars of Creation were created by the titan Pantheon, leaving Elune's identity, nature, and relationship with Xe'ra a mystery.
- The Tears of Elune's connection to nature may indicate that it represents the titan .