Pillars of Creation
The Pillars of Creation are relics that were created by the Pantheon and gifted to the Keepers so they could shape the world when it was young. During the War of the Ancients, the Burning Legion attempted to open a secondary portal besides the one at the Well of Eternity in Suramar in the Temple of Elune in order to attack the night elves on two fronts. The Highborne of Suramar used the Pillars of Creation to close the portal and put several seals on the Temple.
They were named after the members of the Pantheon, except for the Tears of Elune, and could be found all across the Broken Isles. The Armies of Legionfall plan to use them to close the portal inside the Tomb of Sargeras.
In the meantime, the Pillars are stored in the Portrait Room of Dalaran. Each of the five Pillars of Creation must be used in a particular place within the Tomb of Sargeras to halt the Legion's invasion and save Azeroth.
|Pillar||Zone||Prior location||Slot within the Tomb|
|Stormheim||In the possession of Odyn in the Halls of Valor||Placed atop the Cathedral of Eternal Night|
|Azsuna||Kept in Nar'thalas Academy|
|Eye of Aman'thul||Suramar||Remained in Suramar City at the Font of Night, Nighthold||Placed at the base of the Felstorm|
|Highmountain||Guarded by the different tribes of Highmountain|
|Tears of Elune||Val'sharah||Kept in the Temple of Elune|
- During Legion's reveal at Gamescom, 2015, it was stated that the Pillars of Creation were used twelve-thousand years ago by the Highborne to seal a wound in the earth, who then built the Temple of Elune over it. This has not been mentioned anywhere since then and was seemingly replaced by the War of the Ancients story first featured in Chronicle which was brought up again in The Tomb of Sargeras.
- The Tears of Elune were able to unlock Xe'ra's core, , while it was stated that only a member belonging to Xe'ra's lineage could do so, implying that Elune might be part of that lineage. Khadgar found in an old book from Medivh's library that Elune may in fact have created Xe'ra and Khadgar strongly believes so. However the Pillars were created by the Titans, so it leaves Elune's true identity and nature a mystery.
- Despite its name, the Tears of Elune may represent Eonar, given the Pillar's connection to nature.
- It is unknown how the Highborne of Suramar obtained the . It was in the possession of Neltharion, then was taken from his vault by Huln Highmountain after the final battle at the Well of Eternity and the defeat of the Legion. Neltharion may have obtained it only after the Highborne used it.
- It is also unknown how the night elves of Suramar lost the Aegis of Aggramar after the Tomb was sealed.