|Resilience Quick Facts|
PvP Resilience is a PvP stat found on pre-Warlords of Draenor items that reduces damage taken from other players and their pets and minions. It is the counterpart of PvP Power, which increases damage dealt and healing done to other players. Resilience affects only damage taken from players, and is of no benefit against non-player characters. Resilience can be gained through various below-max level external sources, primarily enchantments, gems, PvP rewards and PvP heirlooms.
As of Patch 6.0.2 Resilience is no longer found on max-level PvP gear, and is not innately possessed by characters, essentially removing it from the game.
One percent of resilience reduces damage taken from all player attacks by 1%.
As part of the combat rating system, the amount of resilience rating needed to get a certain amount of resilience increases with level. A higher level player will need more resilience rating to get the same effect as a lower level player. At level 90, players need 310 resilience rating to get 1% of resilience.
|Resilience||Player damage||Rating required|
|Level 60||Level 70||Level 80||Level 85||Level 90|
|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
Enchantments by slot
- (+23 spell power, +15 PvP resilience)
- (+40 attack power, +15 PvP resilience)
- (+30 Stamina, +15 PvP resilience)
Elixirs and flasks
|Jewelcraft Only||+67 Resilience||Craft|
|Orange||+25 Resilience||+25 Agility||Craft|
|+25 Resilience||+25 Strength||Craft|
|+25 Resilience||+25 Parry||Craft|
|+25 Resilience||+25 Expertise||Craft|
|+25 Resilience||+25 Intellect||Craft|
|+20 Resilience||+20 Agility||Vendor|
|+20 Resilience||+20 Strength||Vendor|
|+20 Resilience||+20 Intellect||Vendor|
|+10 Resilience||+10 Intellect||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+10 Agility||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+10 Strength||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+8 Intellect||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+8 Strength||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+8 Agility||Craft|
|+7 Resilience||+7 Intellect||Craft|
|+7 Resilience||+7 Agility||Craft|
|+6 Resilience||+6 Intellect||Craft|
|+6 Resilience||+6 Agility||Craft|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Dodge||Drop|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Intellect||Drop|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Agility||Drop|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Strength||Drop|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Parry||Drop|
|Green||+25 Resilience||+25 Hit||Craft/Vendor|
|+25 Resilience||+37 Stamina||Craft/Vendor|
|+25 Resilience||+25 Spirit||Craft/Vendor|
|+25 Resilience||+25 PvP Power||Craft/Vendor|
|+20 Resilience||+30 Stamina||Craft|
|+20 Resilience||+20 PvP Power||Craft|
|Perfect Steady Jasper||+18 Resilience||+26 Stamina|
|+15 Resilience||+23 Stamina||Drop|
|+10 Resilience||+15 Stamina||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+10 Spirit||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+12 Stamina||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+8 Spirit||Craft|
|+7 Resilience||+7 Spirit||Craft|
|+6 Resilience||+6 Spirit||Craft|
|+5 Resilience||+6 Stamina||Drop|
|+5 Resilience||+7 Stamina||Craft|
|+4 Resilience||+6 Stamina||Craft|
- Resilience was introduced with World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade as part of the new combat rating system. Previously, no such resilience mechanic existed — as a result, resilience rating only appears on items available to players over level 60, with some rare exceptions.
- Prior to Patch 4.0.1, resilience reduced the chance to receive a critical strike, with 1% resilience giving a 1% smaller chance to be critically struck.
- In Patch 5.3.0, resilience was removed from most gear and innately given to characters.
- In Patch 6.0.2, base resilience was removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Base Resilience has been reduced to 0%. It has also been removed from the paper doll.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18):
- Base Resilience for level-90 players is now 77% (up from 72%). Base Resilience for players below level 90 remain at 40%.
- Resilience Diminishing Returns curve for Resilience has been adjusted for the new base resilience value to maintain the same value per point of Resilience as previously.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Base Resilience now reduces damage players deal to others players by 72% (up from 65%).
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): All level-90 characters now have a base Resilience of 65%. All characters below level 90 now have a base Resilience of 40%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Name changed from "Resilience" to "PvP Resilience" to match the new "PvP Power"
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Resilience no longer reduces the chance a player will be critically hit by an opponent.
- Hotfix (2010-01-20): Resilience damage reduction doubled. So depending on their current amount of resilience, characters might experience a 10 to 20% decrease in damage taken from other players.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage-over-time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. In addition, the amount of resilience needed to reduce critical strike chance, critical strike damage and overall damage has been increased by 15%.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): The damage reduction component of resilience has been increased from 2 times the critical strike chance reduction to 2.2 times the critical strike chance reduction. In addition, the maximum damage reduction to a critical strike from resilience has been increased from 30% to 33%.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Now reduces the magnitude of mana draining effects by the same amount that it reduces critical strike damage. The Tooltip has been revised to reflect this.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.