Quest:An Ancient Legend
|The Song of the Vale|
86 (Requires 85)
Retrieve the Song of the Vale from the Den of Sorrow.
My father has dedicated his life to studying the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
The Vale is a mythical place, sealed after the Pandaren revolution twelve thousand years ago. We know so little about it!
My father followed a trail of clues to the cave down the hill, seeking a very old poem known as the Song of the Vale, but he is in no condition to retrieve it. It is guarded by some sort of ancestor spirit.
If you are heading that way anyway, would you mind bringing it back to him?
("Shade of Ling Heartfist: A dark presence lingers here.")
Did you... find the scroll?
Oh... it is the poem! Did you... read it? What did you learn about the Vale?
- 111000 XP
Head down the hill and enter the cave. The first water is immediately inside. Take a right and head further in. The second water is directly in the path up the ramp, but the third is off to the right. Up the last ramp is the , a level 85 shade with 316,000 health. He has the following abilities:
- Basic melee — ~5400-6000 on cloth.
- Deep Corruption 30 yd range — Corruption seeps from the ground, inflicting Shadow damage. 1.5 sec cast. Triggers... (3 sec cooldown)
- Deep Corruption — Inflicts Shadow damage. Instant. Ticks for 1083-1238 Shadow every 0.5 sec.
- Shadow Nova 10 yd range — Unleashes dark energy, inflicting Shadow damage to all nearby players. 3 sec cast. Hits for ~5500 Shadow.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Perhaps this one will know something about the poem. Be cleansed, spirit!
- Shade of Ling Heartfist says: Finally! To be free from the grip of that darkness. The light! The blessed, beautiful light!
- Anduin Wrynn says: What happened to you, master?
- Shade of Ling Heartfist says: A thousand lifetimes ago, I brought the waters here. A gift to the Pearlfin for ancient deeds.
- Shade of Ling Heartfist says: We guarded the waters. Too dangerous, too powerful, to fall into the wrong hands.
- Shade of Ling Heartfist says: Then the darkness came. It seeped from the ground. Slowly, it infected us...suffocated us!
- Shade of Ling Heartfist says: Even after our mortal flesh had rotted away, it leeched hope from our souls. It was unending!
- Anduin Wrynn says: What was the darkness that corrupted you?
- Shade of Ling Heartfist says: I shudder at the thought. An ancient evil. An enemy of Pandaria. I will not speak their name.
- Shade of Ling Heartfist says: The Song of the Vale hangs on the wall. Take it. I hear the celestials calling. Thank you...
- Anduin Wrynn says: This Vale of Eternal Blossoms is getting more and more intriguing. I may just have to see it for myself.
The scroll is hanging on the wall to the left when entering and the final pool is in the back of the room. Collect both, then exit the cave via the right side (a shortcut to the front).
Song of the Vale:
- There is a valley where dreamers sleep,
Where flowers bloom and willows weep,
Where loamy earth springs life anew,
And waters sparkle, clear and blue,
Where every hearth brings peaceful ease,
And beauty sings on every breeze.
Here the Sacred Pools spring pure
Here, seek any who desire cure
Holy, nature, powers divine,
Turn death to life, death to life.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.