Quest:Fires and Fears of Old
|Inside the Amber Hibernal|
90 (Requires 89)
- Use Ruining Fork on Iyokkuk the Lucid
- Protect Iyyokuk the Lucid until he escapes
We've found the blades, bound them together with wood and shade, and blessed them with an ancient incantation. If I'm not mistaken, it's time to use this thing.
Whatever's inside that sap must be important. Good luck, <name>.
Make sure to bring that forked blade with you.
There was a... a mantid inside that amber? I never would have thought that the solution to our war on the mantid would be... another mantid.
There are still many things that I have left to learn, but I do know this: that CERTAINLY wasn't a beer recipe.
- 236000 XP
Run southwest through Rikkilea to the north side of the Heart of Fear. On the northwest side of the tree is a chunk of Solidifed Amber in front of an Enormous Landslide blocking a cave. Loot the amber, then interact with the landslide, summoning three Rikkitun Chanters that cast the Incantation of the Rikkitun to clear it, much like how they lifted the Motherseeds in . This is the Amber Hibernal.
Run down the steps inside. Inside is the Klaxxi paragon inside a huge chunk of crystallized amber and... ? Use the fork near Mama Stormstout to free her. Suddenly...
- Adjunct Okzyk yells: There! The Klaxxi! Hold that crystal together... don't let it escape!
Aggro each one:
- Mama Stormstout says: THE HATCHING HOUR IS NIGH... I MUST ANSWER TO THE SWARM...
- Mama Stormstout says: NO... YOU WILL NOT KEEP ME INSIDE THIS ABHORRENT PRISON...
- Mama Stormstout says: SET ME FREE... THE KLAXXI CALL...
On the death of the third:
- Iyyokuk the Lucid says: Freedom...
- Iyyokuk the Lucid says: For eight hundred and seventy-seven years, I waited in that crystal... watching shadows pass through the cracks, counting decades.
- Iyyokuk the Lucid says: Now, I am needed elsewhere.
- The paragon flies off as Chen Stormstout runs in.
- Mama Stormstout says: I... wah... where? What is going on?
- Chen Stormstout says: You were being mind-controlled by some sort of malevolent ancient insect creature.
- Mama Stormstout says: Oh that. Bah, I've been through worse. And who exactly are you?
- Chen Stormstout says: I am Chen Stormstout. From the Wandering Isle.
- Mama Stormstout says: STORMSTOUT? No. You're foolin'. Really? A Wandering Isle Stormstout, here, on Pandaria! Where's the rest of the family?
- Chen Stormstout says: I'll explain on the way back to the Sapmasters.
Head back to the Sunset Brewgarden to turn in.
This quest completes the "" portion of Amber Is the Color of My Energy.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.