Quest:Last Piece of the Puzzle (Alliance)
|Cho and Mishi at Pearlfin Village|
86 (Requires 85)
Use Cho's Heirloom at Cho's Family Shrine on Serpent's Overlook.
- Heirloom placed at Cho Family Shrine
This troubles me. We must discuss it another time, however. I have come to ask for your assistance.
The fresco, where last we spoke, is nearly unveiled. I am certain that it holds ancient wisdom - knowledge that would have us remember.
My meditations alone may not be enough to discern its meaning. Please, take this heirloom to the shrine of my ancestors. I shall require their assistance.
<Lorewalker Cho shudders, in spite of himself.>
The legends... they're true!
- 110,000 XP
- The answer I seek eludes me...
- Sometimes <class>, one must step back from the trees in order to see the forest.
Mishi shifts to her full-size form and flies to the northwest through Shang's Valley, the Orchid Hollow, the Fox Grove, the Shadybranch Pocket, then counterclockwise around Serpent's Heart, and finally back down to the Serpent's Overlook, just to the statue's southwest.
At the overlook, turn around and face northwest, staying on the mesa the serpent dropped players off on. Remember the shrine's position, then run down two flights of stairs and learn the flight path from , as it will not be possible to get back up here before being allowed to fly at level 90 otherwise.
- Serpent's Heart: Two armies move inexorably towards the great statue - an orderly march of jinyu, and a howling mob of hozen. The jinyu all show Alliance banners on their back, and are led by Admiral Taylor; likewise, the hozen raise the banner of the Horde, and are commanded by General Nazgrim.
- Emperor's Omen: Lorewalker Cho examines the three part fresco on the statue there. Two are visible - one of a wise-looking pandaren (possibly Emperor Shaohao), another of two pandaren locked in combat. The third is covered in moss, vines and dust. Cho makes a wondering hum as he thinks out loud.
- Lorewalker Cho : A message must lie within... what fate did the emperor foresee?
- Back at Serpent's Heart, Taylor draws his sword, and Nazgrim raises his axe, both leading the charge of their armies. As Nazgrim and Taylor's weapons meet, the fresco at Emperor's Omen begin to glow. Cho gasps as the covering on the third portion begins to crack and warp, and with a blinding burst of light that Cho shields his eyes from, it is revealed as he lowers his arms: A hideous monster, arising in fire and smoke. Horrified, Cho stumbles back from the fresco, falls backward, turns and scrambles directly into a run.
- Back at Serpent's Heart, the Admiral and the General remain locked in combat as artillery is traded, one instead striking the pedestal of the statue of the Jade Serpent. As Cho scrambles up the road from The Arboretum and past the east side of Dawn's Blossom, cracks form from one of the pole anchors in the pedestals' side which cascades into it breaking all the way around. With no support from the pedestal, the top-heavy statue gives way to gravity and begins to topple over; Nazgrim and Taylor look up, come apart and narrowly miss being crushed as the magnificent statue hits the ground and breaks. Cho races down the road leading directly to the bridge and main gate of the Temple of the Jade Serpent as the toppled statue is wreathed in smoke. As he runs up the south ridge directly in front of the bridge and overlooking Serpent's Heart, a monstrous creature rises from within, as depicted in the fresco. It rises to its full height then bends forward to slam down its massive right hand, causing the ground to shake; as it looks downward, it's as if it's looking directly at Cho. Cho can only watch in horror - the Sha of Doubt has returned!
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.