Quest:Make A Fighter Out of Me
|This article is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|Shomi training defenders after learning|
88 (Requires 87)
Kill 4 Amani Skirmishers, 4 Gurubashi Hexxers, and 3 Drakkari Frost-Weavers in Zouchin Province.
Shhh! Don't speak so loudly! My father might hear you.
My father is delusional! He thinks I should be studying my tea pouring while our village is under attack. It's ridiculous! I have just as much courage as any man. I just don't know how to fight... yet.
That's where you come in. Let me travel with you! I'm a fast learner and I won't get in the way I promise!
If we get separated I'll meet you back in the village.
I'll show my father he's wrong about me!
I told you I was a fast learner! I will head back to the village to start training others. Thank you, <name>.
- 162000 XP
- Shomi says: Alright! Let's get down to business!
Skirmishers are in town attacking the defenders, whereas the other two are out at the Vanguard.
- I was starting to wonder how long I would be out here.
- Those Zandalari will regret attacking Zouchin!
- I'm grateful to you, friend.
- My poor old bones were starting to get stiff out here.
While making the rounds, keep an eye out for Volatile Blooms. They gather in handfuls of 7-11. Once the defenders have been relieved, go east down the path toward the Zandalari Vanguard. Kill trolls for blood-stained blades and so Shomi can see what it takes.
Once those four quests are done (feel free to turn them in), head northwest to the Zouchin Strand. is on his stomach in the sand.
Aggroing a mob or randomly in combat:
- Shomi yells: That'll teach you to mess with my village!
- Shomi yells: So I stick it with the pointy end, right?
- Shomi yells: I can't be a figher! I can't be a fighter!
Shomi yells: Ok. Now I can fight!
- Shomi yells: Revenge is a dish served best by ME!
- Shomi yells: AHHH! It looked at me!
Random lines outside of combat:
- Shomi says: An adventurer like you has probably won many battles!
- Shomi says: If fighting is like dancing I'm in trouble. I'm bad at dancing.
- Shomi says: I'll show my father I have what it takes to be a great fighter.
On entering the Zandalari Vanguard
- Shomi says: These ruins are supposedly haunted. I don't believe in ghosts, though. Then again, I didn't believe in Zandalari, either.
- ShomI says: Thank you for your training, <name>! I hope to one day be as good a fighter as you!
Back at town, Shomi has gathered up a handful of Zouchin Villagers and is trying to teach them the basics:
- Shomi says: Your enemy will not show you mercy. Give him the same courtesy.
- Shomi says: Good form is the key to defeating your enemies. Don't swing wildly with your weapon. Be disciplined with your attacks.
- Shomi says: Do not expose your weaknesses.
- Shomi says: Confidence in your abilities will go a long way. Overconfidence will quickly get you killed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.