|This article is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
88 (Requires 87)
Defeat Prophet Khar'zul.
- Speak with in Zouchin Village
- Zandalari forces slain x12
Prophet Khar'zul is a powerful caster, but he is also underestimating your abilities.
Khar'zul and his forces must be destroyed to protect this village. His death will send a strong message to the Thunder King that we will not be defeated!
You'll find him on the Isle of Reckoning.
Is Khar'zul dead?
These events should be learned from, <name>.
It is most important that we learn from our history. Had we paid attention to the histories, we may have been able to head this off before it got this far.
Everything that has happened was already foretold, we just didn't know how to read it.
- 162000 XP
Mishi will drop adventurers off at the southern end of the Isle of Reckoning.Aside from the numerous troll enemies, there are three Zandalari Voodoo Cauldrons on the island with quite different effects, each bathed in columns of colored light.
- Voodoo Brew
- Dressed like a Zandalari Witch Doctor! Zandalari trolls think you're friendly... Dance with your fellow Witch Doctors!
- Duration: 5 minutes
- The blue cauldron - on the east side of the island, a ways north from Mishi's landing point - grants Voodoo Brew, a buff that turns the trolls neutral to the player for 5 minutes. It does not break in combat, or when shapeshifting, mounted, or nearly any other activity, so players may leave it on for the remainder of the quest. It can be refreshed if necessary. If a player /dances with a Gurubashi Witch Doctor, the mob will dance too, and reply:
- Gurubashi Witch Doctor says: I be jammon wit' you, <name>!
- The red cauldron immediately northwest of the landing site increases mastery by 100 for one hour.
- The pink cauldron in the center of the island spawns a number of short-lived maggot critters under players, as well as debuffing them with Maggot Slurry, turning them purple and causing retching for 2 minutes.
All cauldron effects disappear once a character reaches the top of the steps to Prophet Khar'zul, or otherwise leaves the Isle of Reckoning subzone.
- Shadow Fog 40 yd range — Inflicts Shadow damage. Instant. Purple area of affect on the ground surrounding the altar.
- Spirit Assault 40 yd range — Assaults the spirit of target enemy, inflicting Shadow damage. 2 sec cast. Hits for 5582 Shadow.
- Crow Storm 40 yd range — Channels a tumultuous storm of crows to surround his enemy! Channeled. 15 sec duration. Interruptible. Triggers every sec...
- Crow Storm 40 yd range — Inflicts Shadow damage. Instant. Hits for 15,919 Shadow.
When combat begins:
- Prophet Khar'zul says: Da Thunder King lives! Our empires be united once more...
He will immediately turn on the Shadow Fog, which is telegraphed by a boss emote:
- Stand on an elevated surface to avoid the Shadow Fog!
Standing on the altar in front of him will avoid the fog, but cause him to wind up a Crow Storm.
- Prophet Khar'zul says: Feed you to da crows!
This turns off the Shadow Fog, so players can move out of the area. When he finishes Crow Storm, the Shadow Fog turns back on, he will chain cast Spirit Assault for a while, then repeat the cycle until killed.
- Prophet Khar'zul says: We NEED dis land! Da cataclysm destroyed our home!
- Prophet Khar'zul says: Dis only just begun... we ain't gonna jes... roll over and die...
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.