Quest:Secrets of the First Empire
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
90 (Requires 90)
+250 The Black Prince
Secrets of the First Empire starts the Patch 5.2 portion of Wrathion's legendary quest chain alongside . Before Wrathion offers these quests, players must have completed the Patch 5.0 and Patch 5.1 portions of his quest, and / respectively.
Over the course of this portion of the story, Wrathion's champion must reach exalted standing with him by killing mogu, saurok, Zandalari trolls, and members of the opposing faction on the Isle of Thunder, acquire twenty from raid bosses in the Throne of Thunder, unlock the Thunder Forge, and kill the world boss Nalak. Wrathion will then offer his champion a legendary meta gem in , before asking for twelve Titan Runestones, which are found on the last six bosses in the Throne of Thunder.
Collect 20 Secrets of the Empire and 40 Trillium Bars.
For two thousand years the mogu ruled this entire land. So brutal was their regime that its name is never uttered aloud: Pandaren call it either the "Old Kingdom" or "First Dynasty."
The Thunder King was its founder and first emperor. He amassed enormous power on what is now the Isle of Thunder.
His time has passed, <name>. We should claim some of his power for ourselves. Gather mogu relics for me from the Throne of Thunder, and amass some trillium - I have a plan!
What have you uncovered from the Throne of Thunder? Is the Thunder King's ferocious reputation warranted?
<Wrathion inspects the treasures you brought him.>
Well done. The trillium will need additional refinement, of course, but these samples are pure.
I will need to study these artifacts for a time but I believe I can use the knowledge contained here to craft something of great value to us both.
- 294000 XP
- +250 reputation with The Black Prince
This begins Wrathion's legendary quest starting in Patch 5.2. Players must have completed or before Wrathion will offer this quest. The two breadcrumb quests, and are both optional.
sometimes drop from all bosses in the Throne of Thunder and bosses in the first two wings of Siege of Orgrimmar in all difficulty modes. Additionally, Wrathion demands 40 x , which are crafted by alchemists () and miners (). Much like with back in Patch 5.0, this quest will take some time to complete.
On accept of both this quest and , Wrathion and Anduin Wrynn have a short conversation:
- Wrathion says: The Thunder King! What a magnificent individual.
- Wrathion says: Could you imagine what his empire would be like today if it had not been overthrown and hidden by the pandaren?
- Anduin Wrynn says: I couldn't imagine a crueler tyrant. He enslaved this entire continent.
- Wrathion says: Benevolence is a luxury for the strong, young prince. No great empire was ever built with kindness.
- Anduin Wrynn says: ...I'm not so sure about that. But I can tell you: no great empire has ever stood the test of time by crushing its own citizens.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Remember, the mogu were overthrown! THAT should be the lesson of the Thunder King. It's your move, by the way.
- Wrathion tosses a game piece onto the board.
- Wrathion says: I worry you may be too soft to wear your kingdom's crown, Prince Anduin. You would do well to learn some of your father's hardness.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Are you lecturing me? You're what - two years old?
- Wrathion says: Two in DRAGON years. It is your move.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Hmmm.
When approached after completing the objectives:
- Wrathion says: ...Why did you play that piece just now?
- Anduin Wrynn says: It's a Pandaren board game. The object is for both players to win.
- Wrathion says: That's ridiculous! Why would you even play!?
Patch 5.0 - Mists of Pandaria
Patch 5.1 - Landfall
Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King
Patch 5.3 - Escalation
Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Hotfix (2013-04-16): "Secrets of the First Empire: Fixed an issue where an excessive amount of Trillium Bars could be removed while completing the quest."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.