Quest:The King's Command
86 (Requires 85)
- Stormwind Keep visited
I have been asked to assemble a team for a high priority mission.
("Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth: This is a matter of utmost urgency...and secrecy.")
- 11100 XP
This quest is offered automatically the instant players enter Stormwind City territory.
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth : We've made a thorough inspection of the wreckage, Your Majesty.
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth : There is no sign of Admiral Taylor or his ship.
- King Varian Wrynn : Two hundred ships at my disposal, yet the one carrying my SON goes missing!
- Frustrated, Varian slams his left fist on to the table, knocking over a formation of three Alliance ships. He addresses Nightwind, who does not wait for Varian to finish speaking and immediately walks over to a table with a low, wide bowl on a stand. It is filled with blue liquid, possibly moonwell water.
- King Varian Wrynn : What of their last message? Show me whatever you have!
- A blue light emanates from Nightwind's hand and activates a magical recording, a blue sphere of light, that if it were solid, the bowl would be holding. An image of Taylor from the waist up can be seen within the sphere. It becomes unfocused at times, breaking up his message.
- Admiral Taylor : ...we have been drawn off course...Horde airfleet...many casualties...
- Varian with Jes-Tereth behind his shoulder walk up to the table.
- Admiral Taylor : shipwrecked...on an uncharted isle...but the White Pawn is accounted for.
- Admiral Taylor : Repeat: The White Pawn is safe.
- King Varian Wrynn : Anduin...
- Varian looks downward as he softly says his son's name, but looks back up in alarm as Taylor's shouts his final words.
- Admiral Taylor : ...surprise attack! Requesting immediate--If anyone's receiving--
- Taylor's image vanishes as the recording ends.
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth : Sir, the Seventh Fleet has already been dispatched, but it could take weeks before it--
- King Varian Wrynn : There's no time to waste!
- Varian turns away from the bowl and walks to the southern side of the map table, speaking as he does so.
- King Varian Wrynn : We'll send a small, elite force to secure this new land
- Varian turns to address the Grand Admiral's general direction.
- King Varian Wrynn : and bring back my SON!
When the cutscene is complete, the adventurer will be standing in front of Rell Nightwind outside of Stormwind Keep.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.