Quest:The Thane of Voldrune
+250 Valiance Expedition
Use to defeat Thane Torvald Eriksson and report to at Amberpine Lodge.
Now that you've captured the flame-imbued talismans and weakened Voldrune's defenses, we can strike at its leader, Thane Torvald Eriksson.
The thane's favorite mount is an unruly proto-drake he calls Flamebringer. It is kept bound in chains in the western part of Voldrune, but with the talismans, you should be able to control it long enough to use it against the thane.
Once you have Flamebringer under your control, search the tops of the towers of Voldrune for the thane and show him no mercy.
Have you overcome the thane? We cannot risk leaving him in power.
Good work, <name>. I doubt any of the woodsmen would've wanted to take a crack at the proto-drake, but we couldn't afford to let the Dragonflayers build a base of power in Grizzly Hills. If only the Horde was so easily dealt with...
- A long-range (50yd) fireball (no cooldown).
- A short-range buffet ability which knocks the Thane down (circa 8 seconds cooldown).
- A long range Damage over Time fireball (circa 4 seconds cooldown).
Stay relatively close, keep hitting 1, and use 2 and 3 as soon as their cooldowns come up. has a attack which hurts both the you are riding and yourself. Two of these are enough to kill you. Get out of the area hit by the volley as soon as you see it being cast.
With the flame-imbued talismans, we can finally challenge the thane.
His favorite mount is a ferocious proto-drake called Flamebringer. It is kept bound in chains in the western part of Voldrune, but with the power of the talismans, you should be able to bend it to your will and use it against the thane.
Once you have Flamebringer under your control, search the tops of the towers of Voldrune for the thane and use Flamebringer to destroy him.
Have you overcome the thane?
The few remaining Dragonflayers dare not challenge us after your battle with the thane. Show no mercy to our enemies - that is the way of the Horde.
- Even though he is located in Voldrune, his death does count towards the (as of 4/4/2010)
- Melee characters with can attack him in close combat (and complete the quest), where he does not cast all the annoying things he does when riding the drake.
- As of now (11/23) using the proto-drake does not shift druids out of forms, allowing cats and bears to ride Flamebringer.