Quest:The Truth Shall Set Us Free
Zelig gave this crystal ball to me years ago with specific instruction on its use. For five years - whenever I would feel anger, anxiety, or sorrow over the events that transpired here - I was to focus my thoughts on the orb.
I now understand why Zelig gave this crystal to me.
Take my crystalline orb to the Forgotten Shore. Find the ruins of my old base on the upper reaches of beach and place the orb in the center of town. Let the forgotten see the world through my heart and soul.
Is it done?
<Orik beams a smile at you.>
You did a good thing this day, <name>. Hundreds of lost souls are now redeemed, thanks to you.
Having the orb buffs you with "Aura of the Forgotten: Friend to the ghosts of the Forgotten Shore." At Captain Luc Valonforth stands to the east as the Alliance Emissary approaches him from the west. Ten Footmen stand in formation at Valonforth's left side, to the south. The following has audible dialogue.is a sigil labeled Forgotten Ruins, where you place the orb and activate Orik's Song. As a group of Forgotten Captains, Knights, Footmen, Peasants and a Rifleman spawn to watch the memory play out,
And now, another episode of "Memories of Warcraft III"!
- Forgotten Captain 1 says: What's this now? Perhaps Prince Arthas returns to us today!
- Forgotten Captain 2 says: Look alive, lads! Today might be the day we leave this cursed land! O' sweet Ironforge, how I missed ya!
- Captain Luc Valonforth says: I apologize, emissary, but the prince is away on an errand. What brings you to this desolate place?
- Alliance Emissary says: By royal edict, you men are to return to Lordaeron immediately. Lord Uther has convinced the king to recall this expedition.
- Captain Luc Valonforth says: We're to just pick up and leave?
- Alliance Emissary says: That's correct. My men report that the roads from here to the shore are held by the undead. You'll need to find an alternate route back to your ships.
- (Turning to his Footmen formation) Captain Luc Valonforth says: To hell with the undead! We'll cut our way through the woods, men!
- Footmen salute, then run off to the south, as the Emissary also takes his leave. Arthas and Muradin then run down onto the scene from the north.
- Prince Arthas says: Captain, why are the guards not at their posts?
- Captain Luc Valonforth says: Well, milord, your father had our troops recalled at Lord Uther's request.
- Prince Arthas says: Uther had my troops recalled? Damn it! If my warriors abandon me, I'll never defeat Mal'Ganis. The ships must be burned before the men reach the shore!
- Muradin says: Isn't that a bit much, lad?
- Prince Arthas says: Burned down to their frames! No one goes home until our job here is done!
- Muradin says: You lied to your men and betrayed the mercenaries who fought for you. What's happening to you, Arthas? Is vengeance all that's important to you?
- Prince Arthas says: Spare me, Muradin. You weren't there to see what Mal'Ganis did to my homeland.
- Arthas then casts an unidentified spell that strikes all the gathered Forgotten, and the memory despawns.
- Two or three of the shocked Forgotten (depending on how close you are) will then say any of the following:
- But why?
- It was all lies...
- You gave us your word, betrayer!
- Our prince has forsaken us! All is lost!
- You lying wretch, Arthas! You doomed us all!
- May your soul be torn asunder by the very thing you hate most, young prince.
- Our lives were worth far more than your blood feud...
- The Forgotten devolve into Forgotten Souls, then die, and are thus released.
All this is said at once, unlike in the mission, but that may be so the men can see Arthas' betrayal.