- Not to be confused with Ra.
|Title||<Construct of the Sun>|
|Race||Titanic watcher (Humanoid)|
|Location||Seat of Radiance, Halls of Origination|
He is arguably the final boss of the dungeon as killing him awards the dungeon achievement. It is also impossible to kick players from the party using the Vote to kick feature or to find replacements using the Dungeon Finder after defeating him.
Rajh is one of the guardians of the Halls of Origination. Like the other constructs within the halls, Rajh was created to protect the powerful device capable of resetting all life on Azeroth. Each of the keepers has a sphere of influence. Isiset presides over magic; Rahj, radiance; Setesh, chaos; and Ammunae, life.
Rajh oversees the energies that have both sparked life and snuffed it out in an untold number of his kin. Considered the mightiest of his fellow constructs, Rajh holds the power to unleash the fury of a thousand suns upon Azeroth.
- Sun Strike — Rajh unleashes a burst of flames, inflicting 14137 to 15862 Fire damage to every player within 50 yards and 4687 to 5312 Fire damage every 3 seconds to his current target for 15 sec.This ability costs Rajh 20 Sun Energy.
- Summon Sun Orb — Rajh channels for 3 seconds then summons a Sun Orb above the location of a random player. The Sun Orb then falls, and when it lands the Orb deals 18500 to 21500 Fire damage to any player within 13 yards and knocks them back.This ability costs Rajh 20 Sun Energy.
- Inferno Leap — Rajh prepares to leap to the location of a random player, then propels himself into the air and lands on the chosen location. While Rajh is casting Inferno Leap, players within 10 yards of the chosen location have their movement speed increased by 50%. When Rajh lands at the chosen location, he inflicts 32375 to 37625 Fire damage and knocks away any player within 0 yards.This ability costs Rajh 20 Sun Energy.
- Solar Winds — Rajh summons a fiery vortex in front of him. The vortex grows and moves away from Rajh, then begins to move around the room. The Solar Winds vortex inflicts 7400 to 8600 Fire damage and knocks back any players that move within 4 yards.This ability costs Rajh 20 Sun Energy.
- Solar Fire — As the Solar Winds move across the room, they periodically create small 4 yard patches of Solar Fire. The Solar Fire inflicts 7400 to 8600 Fire damage every 1 second to any player that stands within the flames.
- Blessing of the Sun — When Rajh has less than 10 Sun Energy, he walks to the middle of the room and reenergizes himself with the Blessing of the Sun for 8 sec. Rajh gains 5 Sun Energy, inflicts 3237 to 3762 Fire damage to all players, and increases the damage players inflict by 100% while he channels the Blessing of the Sun.
Rajh's fight is centered around interrupting his abilities as much as possible to greatly reduce his damage output as well as prolong his phase one. It is best to assign players with interrupts to watch for one of his two interruptable abilities prior to engaging Rajh. If your group is extremely limited on interrupts it is best to interrupt his Sun Orb as it is more difficult to avoid then Inferno Leap and easier to interrupt as well.
Rajh's Solar Winds and Sun Strike abilities cannot be interrupted. Solar Winds costs no energy and will summon a fire tornado and is often used within a few seconds of the initial pull, players need only keep their distance from it to avoid damage. Sun Strike will deal a somewhat large amount of damage to the entire party over time and will need to be healed through as it cannot be dispelled. If you are having trouble healing through Sun Strike abilities such as Power Word: Barrier and Divine Guardian can help greatly at reducing the damage taken by the party.
When Rajh's energy drops below 25 it is the most ideal time to use Bloodlust (or other equivalent) as it will last through Rajh's entire recharge phase for maximum DPS potential. During his recharge phase all players will deal 100% additional damage and Rajh will deal AOE damage to the entire group. It is best for players to stack near their healer to ease healing stress especially if you are being healed by a Paladin or Shaman. Once Rajh finishes recharging his phase one will start over, the cycle repeating until he is defeated.
The primary change in Heroic Mode is to Rajh's Solar Winds (the flame tornado), it will now leave patches of fire on the ground that last until the fight ends. The tornado will move randomly around the room but will sometimes move directly towards a player, for this reason it is best to try and pull Rajh to the side of his room in order to try and keep fire away from the center where Rajh will stand during his recharge phase. All normal mode mechanics still apply.
If you are attempting to do the achievement it is vital to prolong Rajh's phase one as long as possible and then use all DPS cooldowns at your party's disposal while he recharges. This is made much easier if a Bloodlust/Heroism buff is available. Even if Rajh reaches 100 energy his recharge is not considered 'complete' until Blessing of the Sun is removed from the party.
|Spirit cloth boots|
|Agility leather belt|
|Caster main-hand sword|
|Strength one-hand sword|
|Tank plate gloves|
|Spirit plate leggings|
|DPS caster ring|
- Defilers! Wretches! Fiends! Begone from here!
- Blessing of the Sun
- Can you feel it? The blessed warmth of the sun?
- Killing a player
- I send you to your deity.
- I will take this life as an offering!
- Blazing rays of light, take me!
- Rajh's appearance, attributes and name are all based on Ra, the Egyptian God of the Sun.
- In Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Rajh's TCG artwork is used by the Avatar of the Coin, a currently unobtainable minion that never made it out of the alpha stages of the game.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.