- For the Pet Battle ability, see . For the orc, see Rend Blackhand.
- "I gave him a choice: die piece by piece, or all at once." — Gorebelly 
Rend is a level 45 Arms warrior talent.
Tips and tactics
As with any DoT, Rend is also great for continuing to cause damage to opponents when they are out of melee range. As many classes will wish to spend as little time as possible within range of the warrior's attacks, together with , this is one of the only ways for a warrior to deal damage to a target once they have left melee range.
The damage from Rend will occasionally finish off an opponent who would otherwise have escaped, or even ensure their demise after you have perished. As a DoT, its frequent ticks interrupt attempts at bandaging, and as a bleed effect, there are very few abilities that can remove it before its time. In PvE, when mobs at low health flee, Rend's ticks and final burst can potentially finish them off, preventing them from aggroing other mobs.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed to a talent. Damaged reduced by 6.9%, no longer deals additional damage when it expires.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Re-added for Arms warriors. Now deals an additional burst of damage when it expires.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Base damage has been reduced by approximately 17% and percent of weapon damage per tick lowered to 25%, from 30%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now available at level 7 instead of level 4.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Damage has been adjusted to be less base and more weapon based. Ranks 9 and 10 now do 35% more damage when the target is above 75% health instead of 4 times damage when the target is enraged.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Now available in Battle and Defensive Stance, damage slightly increased on some ranks.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage reduced. Changed to an instant ability.