|Title||<High Chieftain of the Taunka>|
|Occupation||High Chieftain of the Taunka, Leader of the Horde Taunka|
|Location||Agmar's Hammer, Dragonblight
Icemist Village, Dragonblight
|Relative(s)||Greatmother Icemist (wife), Banthok Icemist (son)|
Roanauk Icemist is the leader of the taunka in Northrend. He is being imprisoned in the ruins of Icemist Village by the Scourge. The player aids him in the quest chain Strength of Icemist, where the player frees him. He is then found with other Taunka'le Refugees where the player offically inducts him into the Horde as the leader of the Horde taunka.
- "From this moment, until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!"
- It has been many years since my people swore our loyalty to the Horde. The Horde aided my people in our time of need, and I am here to speak well of that accord. The Highmountain tribe is known even to us in the North, and respect must be paid.
- During the Legion beta, Roanauk appeared before Mayla Highmountain along with Baine Bloodhoof and Sunwalker Dezco to ask for help to battle the Burning Legion on the Broken Shore. This was scrapped before the official launch.
- Roanauk is possibly a reference to the Roanoke Colony, the lost British colony on an island off the coast of North Carolina, and the nearby Native American tribe the colony was named after. This could possibly be a reference to the idea that taunka are a forgotten tribe of tauren that colonized Icemist Village in Northrend some time in the distant past.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.