Today we are making changes to the login system on Gamepedia to give you the option to merge your Gamepedia and Twitch accounts.
If you decide to merge your accounts, you’ll be able to log in to Gamepedia with your Twitch username and password, but all users will now be redirected to the main Gamepedia.com page to log on regardless of if you choose to merge your accounts or not. Learn more about the changes here.
Scorpid Sting (hunter ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- "How do you expect to fight when you are too weak to pick up your sword?"
Scorpid Sting was a ranged ability that reduced the target's chance to hit with melee and ranged attacks by 3%.
Tips and tactics
- The old version of Scorpid Sting was of dubious utility, and was rarely used (it reduced agility and strength by a static amount). The new version may deserve a second look. When used against fast hard-hitting melee mobs, it can make a significant difference to damage taken by a tank. When a mob is dealing several thousand damage per hit, an increased miss rate greatly matters.
- Scorpid Sting does not apply to spell hit, and is useless against casters. However, using Scorpid Sting against Warriors and Rogues should be considered.
- Scorpid Sting does not stack. If there are multiple hunters in the group or raid, designate one to use Scorpid Sting when appropriate. Additionally, it does not stack the hit reduction effect from .
- Scorpid Sting doesn't cause damage, and so won't break various crowd control effects (like or ) unlike . Since only one sting can be active at a time, this can be useful for removing Serpent Sting.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Changed from reducing Strength and Agility to a flat reduced chance to hit by 5%.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where it was not considered a poison. It can now be removed by poison curing effects.