- Hunters know that the target is much easier to fight when it's suffering incredible physical pain from a poison-covered arrow in their back.
Serpent Sting is a level 90 Survival hunter talent.
- Serpent Sting is a poison, and thus can be cleansed by druids, paladins, and shamans, as well as any mob that can cleanse poison. Rogues can dispel it with , and dwarves with their racial ability.
- The Tier 8 2 piece set bonus increases the damage dealt by 10%.
- The Tier 9 2 piece set bonus allows the damage done by Serpent Sting to critically hit for 100% additional damage.
Tips and tactics
- Since patch 6.0.2 the damage of Serpent Sting is a lot higher then it used to be in the past, even if the target doesn't live the full duration of the debuff (15 seconds) it is still a DPS increase to use it!
- Its greatest utility in PvP is against rogues and druids, to prevent them from entering stealth (druids can cleanse it, but will have to shift to caster form to do so).
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage increased to 115% (was 87%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed into a talent. Now affects and instead of and .
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Damage increased by 25%."
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): No longer deals an initial "tick" of damage when the periodic effect is first applied.
- Hotfix (2014-12-15): "Serpent Sting's damage has increased by 60%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Serpent Sting's damage has been increased by 15%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Serpent Sting has been redesigned based on and is now available only to Survival Hunters.
- Serpent Spread has been renamed into Serpent Sting.
- Serpent Sting now causes Multi-Shot and Arcane Shot to also apply a Serpent Sting poison dealing instant and periodic damage.
- Cobra Shot no longer extends the duration of Serpent Sting.
- Hotfix (2012-11-29): "Serpent Sting's damage has been increased by 100%, and its cost has been reduced to 15 Focus (was 25)."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now available at level 10 for 10 23.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Gained bonus damage equal to 20% of the hunter's Attack Power, up from 10%.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Now scales with ranged attack power instead of spell damage. It was considered to be a nature-spell-damage based attack thus was buffed by all nature and general spell-damage buffs including and not limited to: , , . This is no longer the case.