|Base of operations|
Nether Ray mounts
The Sha'tari Skyguard are an air wing of the Sha'tar of Shattrath City, defending the capital from attackers in the hills as well as battling against the arakkoa of Terokk in the peaks of Skettis. The Skyguard has two outposts, one in the northern reaches of the Skethyl Mountains in Terokkar Forest and one near Ogri'la in the Blade's Edge Mountains.
- 1 Reputation
- 2 Rewards
- 3 Quests
- 4 How long will it take?
- 5 Skyguard Comments
- 6 Speculation
- 7 External links
|Skettis, Terokkar Forest|
|350||Skettis, Terokkar Forest|
|150||Skettis, Terokkar Forest|
|350||Skyguard Outpost, Blade's Edge Mountains|
|500||Skyguard Outpost, Blade's Edge Mountains|
Akkarai, Karrog, Gezzarak, Vakkiz
|100||Summoned for Adversarial Blood|
Exalted reputation rewards the availability of nether ray mounts. These are epic flying mounts, so players will need Artisan riding skill in order to purchase them. Note: Unlike the daily Netherwing quests to obtain a nether drake mount, you only need Expert riding skill to complete the Sha'tari Skyguard quests; however, having an epic flying mount will make some of the daily quests much easier.
Faction NPCs will give compliments when revered players are nearby. Take note that since patch 2.3, players receive a 10% faction discount for being honored with the Skyguard, a 15% discount at revered, and a 20% discount at exalted. This means that an exalted player will only have to pay 160 for the mount and not 200.
|Revered||13 81 66||Back|
|13 76 91||Back|
|4 12 30||Trinket|
|4 12 30||Trinket|
The Sha'tari Skyguard have two major quest hubs in Terokkar Forest and Blade's Edge Mountains. Both have normal and daily quests.
Blackwind Landing, Terokkar Forest (3660 Reputation)
- (+250 reputation)
- (+10 reputation)
- (starts at Skyguard Prisoner) (+150 reputation)
- (+250 reputation)
- (R) (+250 reputation, +150 repeating)
Skyguard Outpost, Blade's Edge Mountains (1720 Reputation)
- (+10 reputation)
Ogri'la, Blade's Edge Mountains (850 Reputation)
Some of the Ogri'la quests provide dual rep with Sha'tari Skyguard.
Players are introduced to the Sha'tari Skyguard by speaking with <Recruitment Officer>, found next to <Flight Master> in Shattrath City. Yuula gives a quest that has the player kill any 20 Gordunni Ogres in the Barrier Hills above Shattrath City. Once completed, she asks the player to deliver a package to Sky Sergeant Doryn at Blackwind Landing, north of Skettis, to open up the once-daily bombing run quest.
Also at Blackwind Landing, Skyguard Handler Deesak has players kill 10 Warp Stalkers within Skettis so a Nether Ray in your possession can be fed. He also indicates the availability of a direct flight path between Blackwind Landing and the Skyguard base in Blade's Edge Mountains. The flight path becomes available at honored. It is a flight on a random colored nether ray to just north of Ogri'la.
There is also a solo-able daily escort quest offered by a Skyguard Prisoner found in one of three cages atop the trees in Skettis. Two of them are located up north on the east and west sides of the lake. The third is southeast of the lake in Lower Veil Shil'ak, near a large tree that is marked on the map. The platform the cage spawns at is a covered platform connected by one hanging bridge to another tree with an open, uncovered platform. A Skyguard Prisoner respawns at any of the three locations right when the prisoner from a previous escort completes and/or despawns.
- Main article: Terokk's Downfall quest chain
<Skyguard Medic> initiates the main questline for the Sha'tari Skyguard which has the player collect 6 to create an for Sky Commander Adaris. After the initial quest, players may continue to turn in a 6 Shadow Dust for another Elixir of Shadows and 150 reputation with the Skyguard. The elixir gives a 20 minute buff (which lasts through death) that enables the player to see the shadow arakkoa of Skettis, which is necessary for several quests.
Adaris has players kill three Talonpriests: Ishaal, Skizzik, and Zellek. Talonpriest Ishaal drops the quest item , lootable by everyone in the party, that initiates the next part of the chain. Like the Time-Lost arakkoa, the Talonpriests require the player to have the Elixir of Shadows buff to be able to see them.
The almanac dropped by Talonpriest Ishaal is turned in to Adaris. He sends players to the Lower City arakkoa and then back to Adaris. At this point, Hazzik, the captive Arakkoa next to Adaris, whispers the player for their attention. He has players collect his package from his former home in Upper Veil Ala'rak to acquire a in order to buy a book from Sahaak <Keeper of Scrolls> in Terokk's Rest.
Once Hazzik has the book, he starts the group quest . The quest requires at least 40 s, which drop from the Time-Lost Arakkoa. For every 10 scrolls, the player can summon and kill one of the 4 required quest mobs.
- This quest originally required the player to collect a dropped quest item off each boss. As each boss only dropped one item per kill for the group, the repeatable group quest required significant grinding so all players could gather enough scrolls and complete the quest. However, since each player received rep for killing the arakkoa, turning in Shadow Dust for Elixirs, killing time-lost arakkoa, and killing the bosses, the significant investment in time was rewarded with a considerable amount of rep.
On completion of Adversarial Blood, Hazzik gives the player a , used to summon Terokk at Terokk's Rest, the island in the middle of Blackwind Lake. Adaris will also give the quest , which has the player kill Terokk. It is recommended to have 5 people (or more outside the party to help) as acquiring the Time-Lost Offering is a significant investment and it is consumed by the summoning. Terokk hits moderately hard, cleaves, and does an AoE Shadowbolt. At approximately 25%, he will become immune to all damage. The Skyguard will begin to drop blue smoke flares, followed by firebombs, onto the island. Terokk must be led to the flames to remove his shield and make him damageable. However, he will also enrage and hit substantially harder. When Terokk is dead, the player may return to Adaris and complete the quest.
Adversarial Blood can be repeated by turning in the required quest items to Hazzik for another . Even if one player uses their Time-Lost Offering and fails, another party member can use theirs and everyone can get credit for the kill. As of patch 3.3, Hazzik rewards two on the initial turn-in.
Bash'ir Landing Raid
- Main article: Bash'ir Landing raid
Once every two hours, a group of Skyguard will launch an attack from the Skyguard base at Ogri'la to Bash'ir Landing for the purpose of studying the crystalforge there. Once the attack is underway, several Skyguard NPCs will engage the mobs at Bash'ir Landing and protect the research team. A large number of Bash'ir enemies encircle the area and attack the Skyguard team in small groups or singly. As the attack continues, more researchers arrive and sell increasingly better items, as the Bash'ir forces grow in power as well. The NPCs will eventually be overwhelmed on their own, but with assistance the team will complete its research and offer three researcher-vendors for players to buy from.
How long will it take?
Doing nothing but the repeatable daily quests, it will take you at least 37 days to max out your Skyguard reputation from Friendly. To speed things up, it's a good idea to do the other quests when possible. It is possible to get 27,000 Skyguard reputation in about 13 hours. Farm all of the mobs in Skettis, turn in the repeatable shadow elixir quest and once under the effects of the elixir, farm the time-lost mobs for time-lost scrolls, used to summon some mini-bosses around the area. Once these bosses are killed, you can turn in their claws/beaks for 350 rep, and you will be given a time-lost offering, which is used to summon Terokk, who gives you 500 rep when killed. Complete this process over and over again and you will have roughly 2k+ rep/hr.
- Just Daily Quests
- Friendly to Honored: 12 days (253 20)
- Honored to Revered: 9 days (337 50)
- Revered to Exalted: 16 days (600 00)
As with a few other factions, reaching Revered with the Sha'tari Skyguard will cause their NPCs to greet you when within their vicinity.
- Well one thing's for sure, <name>'s not a nugget any more!
- The list of Skyguard members is long and distinguished. <Name> tops that list.
- <Name> is an officer and a <gentleman/lady>.
- Ace pilot <name>, 12 o'clock!
- <Name>, you and I should race sometime.
- I'd be honored to have you on my wing anytime, <name>.
- Heh, the skies aren't so friendly with <name> flying them!
- A-TEN-HUT, officer <name> on the deck!
- I heard that <name> is gunning to be the captain of the air group.
- Good hunting up there, <name>!
- With <name> on the job, we have nothing to worry about.
- Rider <name>, good to see you.
- <Mister/Miss> <name>, what an unexpected pleasure, <sir/ma'am>.
- <Name>, terror of the skies, how are you doing?
- Hey, it's our ace flyer, <name>!
- Maybe one day <name> will teach us a few of <his/her> tricks?
- <Name>, how's your mount holding up? Pretty rough up there these days?
- They say that <name> has never been shot down.
- <Name>, you are the Skyguard's best; make us proud!
- Well, if it isn't our resident <flyboy/flygirl>, <name>. How's it going, ace?
- I hear you fly without a parachute cloak, <name>.
- Looks who's here. It's <name>, our top gun.
- Buzz the landing pad lately, <name>?
- <Name>, do you feel the need -- the need for speed?
Just as several quotes are references to Top Gun, at the Skyguard Outpost landing pad the Skyguard Navigator above the pad keeps drinking from a mug. They will occasionally walk over to the ledge overlooking the pad. As they stand there, a trio of Skyguard Scouts will fly right above their head, startling them:
- Skyguard Navigator spills <his/her> beverage.
- Skyguard Navigator yells: SKYGUARD SCOUT!!
- Skyguard Navigator cleans up the mess while muttering curses about the Skyguard hotshot pilots.