Sha of Anger
|Location||Various in Kun-Lai Summit|
It will take a raid of roughly 40 players to take down the Sha of Anger. He will appear in different areas of the zone, each spawn point coming with its own minions surrounding him.
The Burdens of Shaohao
Ten thousand years ago, , free of his doubt, despair, and fear headed into the Kun-Lai Summit to gather the Shado-Pan in order to fight the oncoming Burning Legion which would soon be upon them. sensing a great darkness within Shaohao and challenged the emperor to hit one of his warriors: if Shaohao managed to do so the army would be his to command. Shaohao grew furious as he tried and tried but failed to land a single blow, and the Sha of Anger burst forth from him, followed by the Shas of Violence and Hatred. One the Sha surged toward Shaohao, but at the last moment he was saved by a Shado-Pan warrior, making the ultimate sacrifice. This act taught the emperor a lesson of fellowship, love, and peace.
The Sha of Anger, the physical manifestation of rage, has escaped from the Shado-pan Monastery in Kun-Lai Summit. Amid the brutal conflicts gripping Pandaria, the dark entity has grown ever more powerful. Recently, the sha has been seen wandering Kun-Lai, using negative energies to corrupt everything the being encounters.
- Seethe — The Sha of Anger projects seething anger at his current target if no players stand within melee attack range. Seethe inflicts 74000 to 86000 Shadow damage and increases Shadow damage taken by the player by 10% for 10 sec.
- Endless Rage — The anger brought by the Alliance and Horde to Pandaria flows through the Sha of Anger, erupting forth as a shower of Sha energy. Each missile inflicts 92500 to 107500 Shadow damage to players within 3 yards of the impact point and summons forth an Ire and a cloud of Bitter Thoughts.
Stage One: Growing Anger
The Sha of Anger's rage grows over 50 seconds.
- Growing Anger — The Sha of Anger infects 3 players with angry thoughts. After 6 sec, infected players display Aggressive Behavior.
- Aggressive Behavior — The affected player erupts with anger, causing the player and all allies within 5 yards to fall under control of the Sha of Anger for 30 sec. Increases damage dealt by 200% and maximum health by 200%. Aggressive Behavior is removed if the player falls below 50% remaining health.
Stage Two: Unleashed Wrath
Upon reaching 100 rage, the Sha of Anger unleashes its wrath upon its enemies. This phase lasts until the Sha of Anger's rage reaches to 0.
- Unleashed Wrath — The Sha of Anger unleashes pent-up rage for 25 sec. The Unleashed Wrath inflicts 55500 to 64500 Shadow damage to 10 random targets every 2 seconds.
Clear nearby hostile creatures before pulling. The fight is in two phases that don't differ dramatically. In phase one, he gains 2 rage per second up to 100. It is crucial to target any mind controlled players at all times to remove Aggressive Behavior applied during this phase. When he reaches 100 rage, he transitions to phase two and gains Unleashed Wrath, placing a heavy burden on the healers. Tanks should make sure one of them is in melee range of the boss at all times to avoid a wipe from Seethe, while other players should spread out with 5 yards spacing to avoid Endless Rage and Growing Anger. Finally, avoid clouds of Bitter Thougths and AoE the Ires produce by Endless Rage. The raid has 15 minutes to finish the fight before a hard enrage.
To sum up, the list of priorities is:
- Mind controlled players
- Sha of Anger
- Tier 14 gloves and leggings
- Arena Season 12 epic necklaces, cloaks, bracers, gloves, boots and rings
- Give in to your anger.
- Your rage gives you strength!
- Your rage sustains me!
- You will not bury me again!
- My wrath flows freely!
- Yes, YES! Bring your rage to bear! Try to strike me down!
- Growing Anger
- Feed me with your ANGER!
- Unleashed Wrath
- My fury is UNLEASHED!
- Killing a player
- Does that make you angry?
- Feel your rage!
- Let your rage consume you.
- The Sha of Anger is voiced by Lexington Steele.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): "All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): No longer classified as a Rare Elite.
- Hotfix (2012-10-12): "The Sha of Anger's respawn time has been greatly reduced."
- Hotfix (2012-10-04): "
- The Sha of Anger now respawns more frequently, but less predictably.
- The Sha of Anger will no longer rudely interrupt the meals of those who are not engaged in combat with him.
- The Sha of Anger will now correctly respawn after a wipe.
- Players that are not eligible for loot from the Sha of Anger will no longer be able to use an Elder Charm of Good Fortune for an extra loot roll."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
- ^ Paladin and Priest Challenge Mode Gear, Dev Interviews, Blue Posts, Blizzard News. MMO-Champion (2012-09-20). Retrieved on 2012-09-20.