Sha of Doubt
|Level||87 - 92 Elite|
|Location||Temple of the Jade Serpent|
The Sha of Doubt is one of the seven prime sha.
The Burdens of Shaohao
Ten thousand years ago, a vision of the Burning Legion raining down and of the great Sundering weighed heavily on Emperor Shaohao. He doubted of his capacity and believed he could not do it alone, this lead to the manifestation of the Sha of Doubt. Shaohao a nearly overtaken by doubt until he remembered the words from Yu'lon and looked to the land for answers. After witnessing nearby reeds that fought against the wind break, he realized what he must do and turned his back on doubt. This caused the sha to vanish.
Mists of Pandaria
The Sha of Doubt was released at Serpent's Heart during the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance aided by their newest members the Forest Hozen and Pearlfin Jinyu. Temporarily defeated by a hero, the sha made its way to the Temple of the Jade Serpent as the final boss.
The physical manifestation of suspicion was trapped in the Jade Forest after Emperor Shaohao defeated the entity 10,000 years ago. The Sha of Doubt then grew obsessed with the Jade Serpent--Yu'lon, the Spirit of Wisdom and Foresight--and now delights in the thought of corrupting her home.
Spells and Abilities
- Wither Will — The Sha of Doubt withers the will of 2 random players, inflicting 25000 (Heroic: 50000) Shadow damage.
- Touch of Nothingness — The Sha of Doubt seeps a profound sense of nothingness into the minds of a random player. The doubt causes the player to periodically inflict 20000 (Heroic: 30000) Shadow damage to nearby player every 2 seconds.
- Figments of Doubt — The Sha of Doubt forces all players to face a figment of their own doubt.
Before engaging the Sha of Doubt, make sure the entire party, including ranged attackers and the healer, moves inside. The gate will close once the encounter starts, locking those far enough from the Sha out of the fight.
The fight itself is mostly a standard tank and spank, except for the Figments of Doubt phase. Periodically, the Sha will make each player fight a shadow copy of themselves, which can overwhelm the less sturdy party members, especially the healer. The simplest strategy here is to kite all figments of doubt together and let the tank gather aggro on them all at once.
The Sha is invulnerable while at least one figment of doubt is alive. Once they are all killed, the fight proceeds as normal again until the next figment phase.
|DPS strength axe|
|Agility leather shoulders|
|Caster leather chest|
|Caster mail shoulders|
|Agility mail gloves|
|Strength DPS cloak|
|Healer cloth gloves|
|DPS plate belt|
- Die or surrender. You cannot defeat me.
- Figments of Doubt
- Succumb to the darkness inside your soul.
- See how effortlessly you become unraveled?
- Killing a player
- Abandon all hope.
- Embrace your despair.
- All is lost.
- You cannot escape me. I am... in... every... breath...
If a player uses a transmogrified weapon, their Figment of Doubt copy seems to use the abilities of the weapon that provided the looks for transmogrification, rather than the one actually wielded.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
Sha of Doubt is voiced by Frank Welker.