Shred is a druid ability, learned at level 16. It is a special direct damage attack. It deals a large amount of damage and awards 1 combo point. Damage is increased against bleeding targets. effects are incorporated into Shred for Feral and Guardian druids.
- Shred's damage multiplier scales with the druid's level. At level 46 it is 425% damage; at levels 80-85 it is 540%.
- This attack serves as the basis for any feral druid's group DPS.
- You do not have to be in to use Shred; you just need to be behind your target.
- You will also want to have a or applied to your target before using Shred as well, as it will significantly improve damage.
Tips and tactics
- This is always a good move when grouping, because if someone else is holding the aggro, shredding from behind is serious damage while in combat ( requires prowling).
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): Damage increased by 12%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available for all druid specializations. No longer has behind enemy position requirement. Now deals 400% damage. now incorporated in Shred for Feral druids.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Feral specialization ability. Weapon damage reduced from 540% to 500%. Now deals 20% additional damage against bleeding targets.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now deals 450% damage plus 1487, up from 350% plus 1156.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Ranks 8 and 9 base points reduced by about 10%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Now properly increases the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.