Sin and Punishment
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
|Sin and Punishment|
Sin and Punishment is a Tier 6 Shadow priest talent. When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, there is a 50/100% chance for the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards to be feared in horror for 3 seconds. It also causes reduces your cooldown to be reduced by 5/10 seconds each time your crits.
- This talent causes a horrify effect, causing those affected to tremble in place for the duration of the effect. However as of Patch 4.2.0, it is no longer subject to diminishing returns. This ensures that it will have the full 3-second duration each time it is procced.
- This talent reduces the cooldown of your each time your critically hits. As each of Mind Flay's 3 ticks is capable of a crit, it is possible to reduce your Shadowfiend's cooldown by 30 seconds with a single Mind Flay cast.
- Though the talent was removed, the horrify-on-dispel effect was replicated in the 4-piece bonus of the season 12 Malevolent Gladiator's Raiment set.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): This talent's backlash fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): Sin and Punishment is now properly causing its terror affect when dispelled. In addition, it no longer shares diminishing returns with fear effects. It now shares diminishing returns with horrify effects.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.