|Title||The Frost Queen, Queen of the Frostbrood|
|Race||Frost wyrm (Undead)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Scourge, Frostbrood, Blue dragonflight|
|Occupation||Queen of the Frostbrood|
Sindragosa, formerly the prime-consort of , was a mighty frost wyrm raised by the himself at Sindragosa's Fall in Icecrown. She was featured in the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic, as the same scene is played out after completing the quest .
Long before the Great Sundering, the five dragonflights — red, blue, bronze, green, and black — were charged with watching over the budding world of Azeroth. Sindragosa was the beloved consort of the blue dragon , also called the Spell Weaver, guardian of all arcane magic. With the help of goblin servants, Neltharion created a powerful artifact called the Dragon Soul. He convinced his dragon brethren to empower the disk, claiming it would thwart the impending invasion of the demonic Burning Legion.
However, Neltharion betrayed his dragon allies during the Legion's assault, provoking an apocalyptic battle in the skies over the Well of Eternity. Malygos and Sindragosa joined the blue dragons in surrounding the Earth Warder. They charged the black dragon...but Neltharion used the might of the Dragon Soul to strike out, decimating nearly all of the blue dragonflight. The blast hurled Sindragosa far across the land, deep into the frozen north.
Blinded and near death, Sindragosa sought desperately to reach the Dragonblight — the place where dragons instinctively travel to die. No longer able to fly, Sindragosa plummeted to the cold earth in the region of Icecrown. The blue dragon gathered what remained of her energy and called out to Malygos for aid. Her only answer was the howling arctic wind as she struggled on, but the distance was far too great; agonizingly she realized that her spirit would not find rest within the Dragonblight. Her life continued to fade away as her sanity deteriorated.
In the midst of her delirium, Sindragosa's final thoughts turned to bitterness and hatred: hatred against the Legion, hatred against Neltharion, hatred even against Malygos. But most of all, hatred against the world of mortals.
And in her dying moments... Sindragosa vowed revenge.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Sindragosa is briefly seen in the Pit of Saron, the second 5-man Icecrown instance, after the defeat of . While the leader of the army of liberated slaves ( for Alliance, for Horde) commends the players for their bravery and their efforts to free them, Sindragosa flies up from the pit below and unleashes her fury, killing the leader and his army. The players are pulled back to the entrance tunnel by or , saving them from a grisly death.
Sindragosa appears as a boss encounter in the Frostwing Halls inside Icecrown Citadel. She was one of the first two bosses to be announced, the other of course being the Lich King himself. She is slain by adventurers led by and who seek the death of , The .
Among the former weekly raid quests of Icecrown Citadel is Respite for a Tormented Soul, which involved slaying the undead skeleton of Sindragosa and extracting her soul into a small crystal, adventurers who completed this task turned in the crystal to Kalec in Wyrmrest Temple, his final words being "Rest now, Sindragosa. You are home.... " meaning she was freed of her undead chains and finally able to ascend into afterlife.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Pit of Saron||??||13,945,000|
- Her name is likely a portmanteau of the words "sin" and "dragon", along with the traditional female blue dragon suffix "-gosa". Thus, Sindragosa.
- Sindragosa was also introduced in the new login screen when Patch 3.0.2 was released, in which many players came to love and/or hate the ferocious roar.
- Unused storyboards and animatics for the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic indicate that at some point, the cinematic was to depict the battle between the dragonflights over the Well of Eternity and Sindragosa's subsequent death.
- Like , Sindragosa's model was changed in China due to not being allowed to show bones. She instead uses a slightly modified blue dragon model.
- Sindragosa can be summoned by Arthas in Heroes of the Storm.
- A golden trait of the Blades of the Fallen Prince makes Sindragosa charge forward breathing frost.
Sindragosa in crossover.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Sindragosa's Chilled to the Bone damage has been reduced to a more reasonable amount."
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-02-01): Added.
Consort of Malygos