- This article is about lore. For strategy about the encounter in Naxxramas, see Four Horsemen.
An unwilling member of the Four Horsemen
Deceased (lore), Killable (WoW)
Sir Zeliek is one of the Four Horsemen of Naxxramas. He was a paladin in life, so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle.
Though his body is forced to obey Kel'Thuzad's commands, Sir Zeliek managed to retain his sanity and morals despite his corruption. This could be seen as a mark of great spirituality and mental strength.
Zeliek likely represents the "White Rider of Conquest", based on his color scheme and the wings on his helmet (signifying victory).
Sir Zeliek witnessed the enslaving of Alexandros Mograine by Kel'thuzad. He then fought against the party Darion Mograine led into Naxxramas. He stabbed Brannigan Thundermaul in the back, asking for forgiveness as he did so. Before he died, Brannigan managed to strike Zeliek in the head, temporarily taking him out of the fight. When Zeliek stirred, the battle was over, and he was left alone to lament his cursed existence.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Sir Zeliek survived his encounter in the first siege against Naxxramas in the Eastern Plaguelands, and returns as one of the Four Horsemen in the newly relocated necropolis, floating above the Dragonblight.
Attacks and abilities
See the 'Sir Zeliek' section in the Four Horsemen article.
- Leave, I beg you, while you still can!
- You know that I take no pleasure in this, Korth'azz.
- Forgive me, brother. This is not my choice. But you must die. The master commands it!
- When will it be over? When will I be released? How many more must I kill?
- Thane Korth'azz yells: To arms, ye roustabouts! We've got company!
- Sir Zeliek yells: Invaders! Cease this foolish venture at once! Turn away while you still can!
- Lady Blaumeux yells: Come, Zeliek, do not drive them out. Not until we've had our fun!
- Baron Rivendare yells: Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.
- Lady Blaumeux yells: I do hope they stay long enough for me to... introduce myself.
- Sir Zeliek yells: Perhaps they will come to their senses... and run away as fast as they can.
- Thane Korth'azz yells: I've heard enough a' yer snivelin'! Shut your flytrap before I shut it for ye'!
- Baron Rivendare yells: Conserve your anger. Harness your rage. You will all have outlets for your frustrations soon enough.
- Do not continue! Turn back while there's still time!
- Flee, before it's too late!
- I have no choice but to obey!
- Killing a player
- Forgive me!
- It is... as it should be.
The paladin code of conduct states that if a paladin ever willingly commits an evil act, he or she should lose all Light-based abilities. This may explain why Zeliek still wields the Light - technically, everything he does is against his will.