Tips and tactics
- It's also good for kiting in PvP or finishing off fleeing enemies.
- It's often considered an excellent choice for pulling, regardless of the druid's specialization due to its instant cast and long lasting DoT.
- Sunfire is a rare example of an ability that appeared in the Trading Card Game before it actually appeared in the game.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 4% less damage.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Sunfire now has a base duration of 24 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by and critical strikes. Enemies may still suffer from both Moonfire and Sunfire’s periodic damage components simultaneously. Upon reaching 100 Solar Energy, the next Sunfire deals 100% additional initial damage.
- and Sunfire will now replace each other on the Action Bar when switching cycles on the Eclipse Bar.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned and no longer requires a talent.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now costs 9% of base mana, down from 18% of base mana.
- Patch 4.0.3 (2010-11-16): Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.