High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher
|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Silvermoon, The Reliquary|
|Occupation||High Examiner of the Reliquary|
|Location||Bloodwatcher Point, Badlands; Hall of the Keepers, Uldaman|
Little is known of Tae'thelan's early life, other than that he has spent the better part of a lifetime training in the art of sorcery. Recently formed at the behest of an "unknown council" based in Silvermoon, the Reliquary has been reformed under Tae'thelan's leadership.
He has a positive outlook on magic, and believes that with proper teaching, it is a force that can be utilized free of corruption.
Tae'thelan's ultimate goal is to unify the elven race as the proud people they once were, and break the magical addiciton that had weakened it. He acknowledges the mistakes of the past, and is eager to ensure they are not repeated - be it in regards to Silvermoon, Kael'thas, or any of the other dangerous actions the elven race had partaken in the wider world.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Tae'thelan directs the Reliquary from his camp at Bloodwatcher Point, instructing various members of the Horde in the art of the dig. He opposes the Explorer's League in the Badlands, and discovers several titan artifacts around the Reliquary's dig-site.
He also appears in Uldaman, eager to claim the titans' secrets for the Reliquary.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
"Greetings, my name is Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher. I have spent the better part of a lifetime training in the art of sorcery and gathering like-minded Blood Elves to form the Reliquary.
You see, there are ancient, powerful relics found throughout this world that I plan to use to free my people from their addiction and unify them again as the proud, indomitable race we once were.
Magic is something to be embraced and, I assure you, a force that can be utilized free of corruption with proper teaching.
- If players look closely, Tae'thelan's outfit uses the exact same textures as that of Grand Magister Rommath's, the differences being Rommath wears a robe instead of pants and his sleeves are not open at the end.
- This may indicate that this kind of outfit is reserved to the upper echelons of Silvermoon Command.
- Like other outdoor faction raid bosses of importance, such as Rexxar and Shandris Feathermoon, Tae'thelan has precisely 348M (previously 68,714,000) hit points. Unlike the others, however, Tae'thelan cannot be engaged in battle, likely due to the presence of low level Alliance players forced to level in his general vicinity.
- Tae'thelan's gossip text, stating his goal to "unify" his people, is presumably in reference to the majority of the remaining high elves, who have been allowed access to the revitalized Sunwell.
- Tae'thelan is seen in a constant state of levitation.
- His Uldaman incarnation also has esque spell active.
- Tae'thelan wields a .
- It was suspected that Tae'thelan would make an appearance in Warlords of Draenor, as in addition to the strong Reliquary presence there, Tae'thelan's model was added to Patch 6.1.0's files. Unfortunately, he did not appear.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.