|This article is a PTR Patch 6.2.0 stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Battle Pet Level: 25
Contested territory (PvP realms only)
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor|
- In primordial Tanaan, even the plants have teeth. Darkling fronds stab out at unlucky wanderers, or conceal canyons that plunge miles deep beneath the canopy - and these are far from the jungle’s worst dangers. Each day, warlords fell even wider stretches of Tanaan’s wilderness, striving to construct an apocalyptic device that will finally rend the gates of space and time for conquest unending.
The Tanaan Jungle is a zone in eastern Draenor. It is seat of the Iron Horde's dominion over Draenor and home to the Bleeding Hollow clan, as well as the recently constructed Dark Portal that serves as a time-space gateway between Draenor and Azeroth. The Azerothian expedition mounts a counter-offensive against Iron Horde's operations in their homeworld in a desperate bid to shut down the gateway, with heavy losses that force the remnants to escape elsewhere in order to find allies.
The peninsula serves as a primary base of operations for the Iron Horde, now part of the Burning Legion following Gul'dan's usurpation of Grommash Hellscream, whose influence permeates the region. Most of the Iron Horde resources and troops can be found there, supported by demonic forces. Mountains and orcish fortifications make the heart of this land nearly unreachable from the ground level, making it a perfect place for the Iron Horde's seat of power: the stronghold now known as Hellfire Citadel.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Hellfire Citadel||100+||10-30 player||Unknown|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Talador||94 - 96||Southwest|
|Gorgrond||92 - 94||Northwest|
|Shadowmoon Valley||90 - 92||South|
- Main article: Tanaan Jungle NPCs
- Main article: Tanaan Jungle storyline
Treasures and events
- Apexis golems
- Dire boars
- Draenor ancients
- Warp stalkers
- This zone is an alternate version of Hellfire Peninsula, where it never turned into the wasteland it is on Outland. Just like in the main timeline, it serves as a seat of power for the orcs in the alternate one, and even in its original state, it still bears a significant Burning Legion influence.
- Earlier concept arts indicated that the Chronal Spire would be located in this zone, which was the original gateway to Draenor, but ultimately this idea was replaced by the Iron Horde creating their own Dark Portal and connecting it with Azeroth's one, replacing the link to Draenor-Prime's remnants, Outland.
- While the zone is closed off from release until a future patch, players can circumnavigate the zone by sea. The cliffs, however, are insurmountable. The places where a player could walk right into the zone (such as the docks the player embarks from at the end of ) there is an invisible wall preventing access. There are no NPCs except for a large number of level 100 Iron Horde orcs in the northern inlet.