|Affiliation(s)||Alliance, Stormwind, Stormwind Elite Aquatic and Land Forces, Operation: Shieldwall|
Captain of the The Vanguard;
Formerly Commander of the Alliance forces in Spires of Arak;
Former Officer of the Briny Cutter, Hero of Paw'don
Taylor is a human soldier who acts as a quest giver during the Cataclysm and Pandaria campaigns. He is first seen as a ship captain ("Captain Taylor") when the Alliance begins their push toward Vashj'ir. After being captured and freed from the naga, he joins the player in several missions against them, mirroring for the Horde.
After the events of Vashj'ir, Taylor is promoted to Admiral and finds himself shipwrecked on Pandaria along with . Taylor, along with his crew and the player, search for the lost prince during the Jade Forest storyline and recruit the Pearlfin Jinyu to the Alliance.
Following the Pandaria campaign, Taylor was sent with an Alliance expedition to aid in the War in Draenor. During this time, Taylor had as a guest and established a garrison in the Spires of Arak. His garrison was somehow infiltrated by traitors who practiced necromancy. The traitors killed him and most of his troops. Following the Spires of Arak storyline, Taylor's undead spirit offers to fight alongside the Alliance commander as a follower, serving the Alliance even beyond death itself.
Admiral Taylor is one of the premier commanders of the Alliance military, having served over 15 years. Few are as decorated or experienced on the battlefield. Even in death, he fights to protect the innocent from harm.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Following the Shattering, the land began to rise up in the area off the coast of Stormwind, known as Vashj'ir. King ordered the Alliance navy to immediately claim the land. Taylor was the captain of a contingent of Stormwind Elite Aquatic and Land Forces sent to reinforce the hotspot battleground. The adventurers are on his ship when they are attacked by , sunk, and subsequently captured by the naga under orders from . Taylor, his crew, and the player are freed by the efforts of the Earthen Ring shaman . Taylor is captured again and forced to work in , the giant clam-like ancient under the thrall of the naga. The player frees him and his crew, along with the unexpected , and they continue their battle against the naga. The naga inevitably reveal themselves to be allied with N'Zoth's Faceless ones, showing they are a part of the Old Gods' forces. Eventually receiving backup in the form of the crew of the Pincer X2 Submarine, Taylor and the player take part in the defense of the Abyssal Maw from the naga and faceless ones during . As Erunak is captured by Ozumat, Taylor and the player follow it down into the Throne of the Tides, freeing Erunak and defeating the naga. Taylor later returned to Stormwind and was promoted for his brave actions.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Taylor has been promoted to Admiral, and was given command of Stomwind's royal flagship, The Vanguard, which would later run aground at The Jade Forest in Pandaria. He is heavily involved in the Alliance starting quests in Pandaria, where after being rescued by Alliance heroes in the Jade Forest, he helps lead the fight against the Horde and strengthen Alliance diplomatic relations with the Pearlfin Jinyu and the local pandaren of Westwind Rest.
He participated the battle for Serpent's Heart and later makes appearance in Kun-Lai Summit.
Siege of Orgrimmar
Taylor is present on the Timeless Isle overseeing the Celestial Court with , in Celestial Tournament along with his comrades. He also participated in the Siege of Orgrimmar helping the Alliance kill Kor'kron soldiers in the Underhold.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Taylor arrived in Draenor and established his garrison in Spires of Arak. However, his subordinate betrayed him and turned the entire population into undead, including the admiral. Taylor's spirit was imprisoned and tortured, then turned by Ephial into the bone wraith .
Soulscythe and Ephial are defeated by the commander of Lunarfall or Horde adventurers. Taylor's spirit is then released from the necromancer's control, and after that joins the Alliance adventurer as a garrison follower.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Siege of Orgrimmar||91||4,075,320|
|Spires of Arak||95||744,380|
|Lunarfall||96 - 100||1,323,000|
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|80 - 81||30,951 - 37,187|
|Throne of the Tides||81||37,187|
He is involved in the following quests in Kelp'thar Forest:
The following quests in the Shimmering Expanse:
The following quests in the Abyssal Depths:
And the following quests in Throne of the Tides:
He is involved in the following quests in Jade Forest:
And in Kun-Lai Summit:
And in Lion's Landing:
He is involved in the following quests in Spires of Arak:
A memorial dedicated for him is erected at Southport:
In honor of Admiral Taylor
Admiral Taylor was a true hero of the Alliance. His numerous accomplishments on the battlefield serving his people will not be forgotten.
He bravely set out to establish a garrison stronghold among these spires to further the Draenor campaign, but was cut down by his own men before his time.
May he rest in peace.
- Good to see you, friend.
- Adversity, our constant companion.
- The Alliance shall prevail.
- This land tests us, friend.
- Greeting wounded
- King Wrynn for the win!
- We mustn't fail.
- Remember: The king is counting on us.
- Soldiers duty is never done.
- The Alliance must prevail.
- Farewell wounded
The Briny Cutter
This was a good man, <race>. We'd served together through many battles...
These beasts have a debt to pay!
- Admiral Taylor says: Our enemies stand no chance against the both of us.
- Admiral Taylor says: The Light guides us to victory.
- 's sword looks like the sword from what Taylor used at the battle at Serpent's Heart.
- Hsieh gave her bow to him after his rest at Binan Village. Similarly, might have given him a staff after the aforementioned battle at Serpent's Heart.
- His Horde counterpart is .
- He sent and some others to the Valley of the Four Winds to find .
- Taylor is voiced by Jamieson Price.
- His name, along with being captured and injured by the hozen during , may be a reference to Charlton Heston's character of the same name in the 1968 film Planet of the Apes.
- Taylor appeared in Karabor in the BlizzCon 2013 demo of Warlords of Draenor, but it was changed in the beta, and he was given his own questline revolving around him and his garrison in Spires of Arak.
- The Art of War (Mist of Pandaria In-Game Cinematic)
- Battle of Serpent's Heart (Mist of Pandaria In-Game Cinematic)
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Available as a garrison follower and updated to a revamped human model.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Model updated.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
- ^ (spell)
- ^ WoW Insider - Mists of Pandaria Beta: Watch the Alliance intro to Pandaria
- ^ 2014-04-11, Azeroth’s Away Team: Familiar Alliance Faces in Draenor. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2014-07-10