The Burning Crusade instances by level
|Instances by level|
|World of Warcraft|
|The Burning Crusade|
|Wrath of the Lich King|
|Mists of Pandaria|
|Warlords of Draenor|
This article is a list of The Burning Crusade instances by level.
- Horde/Alliance players have quests there. / means only
- You can use meeting stones to summon players despite being outside the instance's recommended level range.
- Dungeon Finder level ranges for instances may differ from the recommended ones; see Dungeon finder instance breakdown for details.
|Instance Name||Abbreviations||Zone||Type||Minimum Level||Suggested Level Range||Heroic Min. Level||Heroic Level Range||Bosses||Notes|
|Hellfire Ramparts||Ramps||Hellfire Peninsula, Hellfire Citadel||5-man||57||58-67||70||70+||, , &||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Blood Furnace||BF||Hellfire Peninsula, Hellfire Citadel||5-man||58||59-68||58||70+||, ,||Unchanged in Legion|
|Slave Pens||SP||Zangarmarsh, Coilfang Reservoir||5-man||59||60-69||70||70+||, ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Underbog||UB||Zangarmarsh, Coilfang Reservoir||5-man||60||61-70||70||70+||, , ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Mana-Tombs||MT||Terokkar Forest, Auchindoun||5-man||61||62-71||70||70+||, , , (Heroic only)||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Auchenai Crypts||AC||Terokkar Forest, Auchindoun||5-man||62||63-72||70||70+||,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Sethekk Halls||AS, Seth, Seth Halls||Terokkar Forest, Auchindoun||5-man||63||65-73||70||70+||, Anzu (Heroic only),||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|The Steamvault||SV||Zangarmarsh, Coilfang Reservoir||5-man||65||67-75||70||70+||, ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Shattered Halls||SH or Shatt Halls||Hellfire Peninsula, Hellfire Citadel||5-man||65||67-75||70||70+||, (Heroic only), ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Shadow Labyrinth||SL or Slabs||Terokkar Forest, Auchindoun||5-man||65||67-75||70||70+||, , ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Escape from Durnholde Keep||OH, DH, DK or Durn||Tanaris Caverns of Time||5-man||63||64-73||70||70+||, ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|The Mechanar||Mech||Netherstorm, Tempest Keep||5-man||67||67-75||70||70+||, , , ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Botanica||Bot||Netherstorm, Tempest Keep||5-man||67||67-75||70||70+||, , , ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Arcatraz||Arc||Netherstorm, Tempest Keep||5-man||65||68-75||70||70+||, , ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Opening the Dark Portal||BM||Tanaris, Caverns of Time||5-man||65||68-75||70||70+||, ,||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion|
|Magisters' Terrace||MgT, Terrace, MrT||Isle of Quel'Danas||5-man||65||68-75||70||70+||, , & her minions (, , , , , , , ), Kael'thas Sunstrider||Heroic Level changed to 70 in Legion
Note: In order to signify heroic mode when using abbreviations, the general convention is to simply place "H" before the normal abbreviation.
Flying Tempest Keep Instances
- Initially, only those of levels 70 who had bought a flying mount (or druids of 68 and above, who had been trained / ) could enter the Tempest Keep Instances.
- In Patch 2.4.0 the restrictions on warlock summoning were lifted, and thus those previous players that were unable to enter (unable to fly), may now enter depending on the minimum level for these instances.
- In Patch 3.2.0 another barrier to entry was lowered when flying mounts (or Flight Form) became available at level 60.
- Since Patch 3.3.0 it is no longer necessary to fly to the Tempest Keep, if the player uses the cross-realm Dungeon Finder tool (the player gets summoned to the instance automatically).