The Maker is the first boss of the Blood Furnace in Hellfire Citadel. The Maker is a fairly simple encounter; most groups of level 60ish characters should have no troubles with him.
All creatures who use the power of fel magic, willingly or otherwise, slowly take on the appearance of demons. The Maker accelerates their corruption and performs cruel experiments on any who attempt to resist.
- Domination — The Maker takes control of a player, causing them to fight their allies for 10 sec.
- Exploding Beaker — The Maker throws a beaker at a player, inflicting 875 to 1125 Nature damage to all players within 8 yards of the target, knocking them up.
He has four special abilities, which he will use randomly throughout the fight:
- A melee knockup attack which will hit everyone in melee range and appears to have a threat reduction component
- Domination ( [Mind Control] on a target that increases the target's damage and healing by 100%. Domination is non dispellable)
- Acid Spray (melee range AoE spray of acid)
- Throw Beaker (throws a beaker at a target, dealing 1000-1200 nature damage and knocks target into the air)
He doesn't hit particularly hard and can generally be DPS burnt pretty quickly.
- My work must not be interrupted.
- Perhaps I can find a use for you.
- Anger... Hate... These are tools I can use.
- Killing a player
- Let's see what I can make of you.
- It is pointless to resist.
- Stay away from... me.