The Tomb of Sargeras (WC2x Orc)
- For other usages, see The Tomb of Sargeras (disambiguation).
|Previous: Assault on Kul Tiras|
|Alternate level: The Heart of Evil|
|The Tomb of Sargeras|
|Campaign: Orc Campaign|
|Place: Tomb of Sargeras and Broken Shore, Broken Isles|
|Outcome: Horde of Draenor victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Now that the Great Sea is once again under the dominion of our wave riders, Ner'zhul has come upon a plan to increase the powers of the Dark Portal. While he was the tutor of Gul'dan, the Shaman bound their souls so that he could keep watch over his disciple. Even though Gul'dan knew that this link would serve to inform Ner'zhul of the Warlock's studies with the spirits that dwelt in the Twisting Nether, he was too arrogant to care.
Ner'zhul has ordered you to lead a small band to the tomb in order to find the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. The remains of the Stormreaver and Twilight's Hammer encampment surround the entrance to the tomb and the howling of their tortured souls fill the air. Although the inhabitants of this place died long ago, their bodies have been torn from earthen graves by the vile magics of the Daemons and made to stalk this region for all eternity.
- Slay the Daemon who holds the Jeweled Scepter
This mission is more of an adventure map than the usual battle. You begin with a limited number of units, and must keep your sole death knight alive. You will rely on sparse buildings such as a cluster of farms and a shipyard to create a transport. A few upgrades for your units can be found by discovering a temple of the damned, a blacksmith and a lumber mill, as you traverse the map.
Additionally, you will rescue several grunts, axethrowers, two ogres with a blacksmith, and a catapult - slightly evening the odds against the increasingly difficult enemies blocking the path. Still, it remains highly advisable to err on the side of caution, as these units cannot be replenished if lost.
- Two runestones seem to protect the entrance of the tomb.
- There are several orc prisoners on the map, having the color of either the Bleeding Hollow or Bonechewer clans when they should instead more likely be of the Stormreaver, Twilight's Hammer, Blackrock or Black Tooth Grin clans.
- Due to an engine limitation, the humans will fight against you alongside the forces of the Burning Legion, and the daemons and skeletons are listed as being members of Lordaeron.
- Despite being a tomb, the temple is depicted as a bunch of rocks in the wasteland tileset.