Eye (Tempest Keep)
|The Eye, TE, TK Raid|
|The Eye loading graphic|
|The Mechanar (5)|
|The Botanica (5)|
|The Arcatraz (5)|
|The Eye (25)|
- For other uses, see Eye.
The Eye is the inner palace of Tempest Keep in Netherstorm and stronghold of the "Sun King", Kael'thas Sunstrider. In-game, it is often known simply as "Tempest Keep". The tokens for tier 5 shoulder and chest pieces drop in the Eye. There is no longer any attunement required to enter this instance.
- Main article: Tempest Keep
The mighty Tempest Keep was created by the enigmatic naaru: sentient beings of pure energy and the sworn enemies of the Burning Legion. In addition to serving as a base of operations for the naaru, the structure itself possesses the technology to teleport through alternate dimensions, traveling from one location to another in the blink of an eye.
|The Crucible · The Phoenix Hall · The Solarium · Tempest Bridge|
Bosses and mobs
- Main article: The Eye walkthrough
As with SSC, the trash respawn timer is 2 hours.
- Main article: the Eye loot
The tokens for tier 5 shoulder and chest pieces drop in the Eye.
Though the attunement is no longer required, the quests still remain in-game and can still be completed if desired. The player title of "" was achieved by those that completed the attunement quest chain. The title is no longer available. The quests to complete the attunement for The Eye are given by A'dal in Shattrath City after successful completion of questlines in Shadowmoon Valley. It begins with .
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): You may now fight Prince Kael'thas and Lady Vashj without first killing all the other bosses in their respective dungeons.
- Hotfix (2007-06-19): "After a lot of thought and deliberation, we’ve decided to remove the attunement requirements to enter Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep: The Eye. While many of our attunements in the Burning Crusade have been good progression checks, a few of the attunements have turned out to cause unnecessary stress on guilds either doing the content or attempting to do the content. With Black Temple and Battle for Mount Hyjal thriving, we want to encourage (rather than prevent) new guilds and raid groups to attempt Serpentshrine and TK. We are going to leave the current attunement quests in the game so that players can still engage in the challenge and the lore of those quests should they choose to. At a later point, we are considering adding a final reward step to those quests as well (that way those who have already completed them would not miss out on a *new* reward)."
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.