Lord of Thunder,
|Race||Titanic watcher (Humanoid)|
|Character class||Arms warrior/Beastmastery hunter|
|Relative(s)||Loken (brother, deceased), Sif (wife, deceased), Odyn (father), Tyr (uncle)|
|Companion(s)||Veranus, Hati, Skoll|
Thorim was one of the Keepers created by the Pantheon to lead the titan-forged armies against the forces of the Old Gods. Thorim was imbued with power by Golganneth. Together with Hodir and Ra, he battled and defeated Al'Akir the Windlord.
Thorim served the titans as guardian of Ulduar and the Terrace of the Makers, and protecting the pacts between the races of frost. Mimiron, devised the Thunderspark that powers the Titanstrike for his comrade Keeper Thorim in ages past.
After betraying the Pantheon, Thorim's brother Loken tricked him into betraying his ice giant allies by murdering his wife, Sif, and blaming it on the ice giant king. Thorim was enraged, striking out at his allies and then settling into a long stupor.
Many years later, Thorim discovered the truth. With the aid of players serving the Sons of Hodir, Thorim recovered his weapon and his armor, then brought war to his treacherous brother. However, it proved to be an elaborate ruse perpetrated by Loken to lure Thorim away from the Temple of Storms, where proximity to his dark master granted him the power to overcome Thorim's attack. Thorim and his proto-drake, Veranus, were captured and taken to "new dwellings".
Thorim's power is said to have been invoked once, and that it turned a whole continent into dust.
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Loken had Thorim taken to Ulduar along with his proto-drake, Veranus (transformed into the plated monstrosity Razorscale), where he was corrupted and brought under the sway of Yogg-Saron. Defeating him in Ulduar breaks Yogg-Saron's spell, and Thorim agrees to aid the adventurers who freed him during the final battle against Yogg-Saron. Thorim first appears as a boss within Ulduar. After defeating him, he breaks from of Yogg-Saron's corruption and aids you in the battle against the Old God. When active, Thorim provides the following buffs:
- Fury of the Storm — Increases total health by 20%.
- Titanic Storm — Periodically kills weakened immortal creatures (this is the only method to kill Immortal Guardians in Phase 3).
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
, a gun Mimiron had created for his companion Thorim long ago, was at some point stolen from Ulduar and brought to Shield's Rest on the Broken Isles. During the invasion of the Burning Legion, the gun was stolen again by a vrykul woman named Prustaga, who intended to retrieve the Thunderspark within and gain the power of the Titans. Prustaga and vrykul who served her attacked Thorim at the Temple of Storms with the goal of freeing her people from the Keepers' judgement. Thorim, along with Mimiron, Grif Wildheart (whom Thorim mistook as Brann Bronzebeard), and a hunter Thorim recognized as one of the heroes who freed him from Yogg-Saron, battled Prustaga as she was empowered by the Thunderspark within Titanstrike.
Hati, one of Thorim's pet wolves (the other being Skoll, who Thorim had lost track of), attacked Prustaga as the Thunderspark's power overwhelmed her and absorbed the electrical energy within. To prevent Hati's death, the hunter bonded their soul with the beast. Thorim then asked the hunter to wield Titanstrike with Hati at their side.
Though Odyn sounds the Gjallarhorn, which the keepers of Ulduar are oathbound to answer, they are unable to for the Burning Legion has invaded Ulduar. Odyn sends his Valarjar to aid the forces of Ulduar in their defenses. Hodir was captured and corrupted by the Legion, but Thorim joins the Valarjar in saving him.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|The Shattered Walkway||??||7,344,360|
|Prison of Yogg-Saron||??||8,813,231|
|101 - 106||627,057|
|Skyhold||100 - 110||642,733|
Temple of Storms
- What brings you to the Temple of Storms?
- I am Thorim, Lord of Thunder!
- Hail, tiny creature!
- Ulduar is lost, my beloved slain; what is left for me here?
- What are you doing in the mountains?
- You call down the vengeance of THUNDER!
- I will CRUSH you!
- I have no time for games!
- Irritating little gnat!
- Let the lightning guide you.
- Beware the Pantheon's return.
- Complacence heralds your doom, adventurer.
- Let not the message be lost upon you.
- His personal weapon is Krolmir, Hammer of Storms.
- Mjordin Combatants sometimes swear "By Thorim's beard" when engaged. This is likely because before 3.1, Thorim's model was the same one used by the frost vrykul. Curiously, the quote is still used by the Combatants, despite the fact that Thorim's newer model does not have a beard.
- Thorim is voiced by Jamieson Price.
- Although Thorim continues to be voiced by Jamieson Price in Legion his voice is notably deeper than Wrath of the Lich King, sounding more like Baine Bloodhoof who Price also plays.
- Thorim doesn't like it when Skoll constantly wanders off.
His name, title, and location are references to the Norse god Thor. Thorim's hammer (Krolmir) is based on Thor's hammer (Mjolnir) and Thor's wife is also named Sif. During the encounter in Ulduar, a Jormungar Behemoth stands in the arena, probably as a reference to Thor's killer at Ragnarok: The Jörmungandr (whom Thor would slay as well). From the similarity between his name and the metal Thorium there may be some mysterious connection between the two, much in the same way Saronite is considered to have a mystical connection with the Old God Yogg-Saron. However since Thorium is a real metal it may be more doubtful that the designers had any intent to link the two.
Thorim's old frost vrykul model.