- A time increment used for over time effects (Channeling, DoT, HoT, etc.):
- 1 tick is every time the spell's overtime effect happens. Many effects tick once every two seconds, but not all.
- The bronze drake Tick guarding the Caverns of Time together with Chronalis and Occulus.
In Not-WoW (aka Real-Life):
Not specific to World of Warcraft, but sometimes used to describe time increments, a tick can have a few meanings:
- From Jargon at Speechcode.com: Interval of time; basic clock time on the computer. Typically 1/60 second. See http://www.speechcode.com/jargon/jargon.info.Jiffy.html JIFFY].
- From Wikipedia: In computing, the duration of one tick of the system timer interrupt. Typically, this time is 0.01 seconds.
Note: 1/60 = 0,01(6).