Tier 6 is a type of item set. Each set consists of 8 pieces.
Each piece is purchased by acquiring an armor token from defeating a Burning Crusade raid boss. Each token is good for one piece of armor (chest, head, etc.), and is valid for any of several particular classes. Note that as this was created before death knights, monks, and demon hunters were available, there are no tier 6 sets for these classes.
Some classes have several sets, each designed for a different talent tree.
|Druid||Thunderheart Regalia (Balance)
Thunderheart Harness (Feral Combat)
Thunderheart Raiment (Restoration)
|Paladin||Lightbringer Raiment (Holy)
Lightbringer Armor (Protection)
Lightbringer Battlegear (Retribution)
|Priest||Vestments of Absolution (Heal)
Absolution Regalia (Damage)
|Shaman||Skyshatter Regalia (Elemental)
Skyshatter Harness (Enhancement)
Skyshatter Raiment (Restoration)
|Warrior||Onslaught Battlegear (Damage)
Onslaught Armor (Tank)
Two out of eight tokens drop from bosses in Hyjal Summit:
- The token for the gloves of each set drops from .
- the token for the headpiece of each set drops from .
Three out of eight tokens drop from bosses in Black Temple:
- The token for the shoulders of each set drops from .
- the token for the pants of each set drops from .
- the token for the chest piece of each set drops from .
Three out of eight tokens from from bosses in Sunwell Plateau:
- The token for the bracers of each set drops from and from the .
- the token for the belt of each set drops from and from the .
- the token for the boots of each set drops from and from the .
Note: Before Patch 2.4.0, these sets had matching belts and boots that were not parts of them. After said patch, belts and boots were added to the sets, but they don't visually match, as they match other non-set gear from the Sunwell Plateau raid dungeon.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Wrist, feet and waist tokens added that drops from bosses in Sunwell Plateau.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.