Tier 9 is the armor set associated with the Crusaders' Coliseum, which was released in patch 3.2. Awarded by the Argent Crusade, tier 9 is designed to ready players for the crusade's eventual march on Icecrown Citadel.
- ____ of Conquest: item level 232, purchased with gold.
- ____ of Triumph: item level 245, purchased with from 25-player mode (all bosses) and gold.
No matter which level of tier 9 is worn, all pieces count toward the same set bonuses. Each faction has their own flavor of the items, they are functionally identical, but have different artwork and names.
At the Crusaders' Coliseum, the following vendors sell tier 9 armor:
|232 (Conquest)||Aspirant Forudir||Aspirant Naradiel|
|245 (Triumph)||Valiant Laradia||Valiant Bressia|
You can also find tier 9 armor sold in Dalaran by merchants who sell that particular armor type.
- Unlike previous or future sets, where 10-man/25-man or normal/heroic versions had a unique color, Tier 9 have the same model and color for all versions but differ only between Alliance and Horde.
- Some classes use a recolor of other classes. For example, Alliance T9 for Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior are recolors of the same model.
- This tier set has sometimes been noted as being boring to look at and generic, but these pieces are not supposed to look like relics; they are rewards from an organized tournament.
- In addition to having different appearances depending on faction, each set is named from an important lore figure of that faction:
- Death knight sets are named after Thassarian and Koltira Deathweaver
- Druid sets are named after Malfurion Stormrage and Hamuul Runetotem
- Hunter sets are named after Alleria or Vereesa Windrunner and Sylvanas Windrunner
- Mage sets are named after Khadgar and the Sunstrider Dynasty
- Paladin sets are named after Turalyon and Lady Liadrin
- Priest sets are named after Velen and Zabra Hexx
- Rogue sets are named after Edwin VanCleef and Garona Halforcen
- Shaman sets are named after Farseer Nobundo and Thrall
- Warlock sets are named after Kel'Thuzad and Gul'dan
- Warrior sets are named after the House of Wrynn and Grom or Garrosh Hellscream
- Before patch 4.0.3a, Heroic Triumph sets were sold by and for , , and .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Heroic Triumph versions removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): These sets are now bought with to replace Emblem of Triumphs.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.